Question Guide or Sureride?

aunt83me02

Senior Community Member
5 month old is over 90th percentile for height. We're looking for a back-up seat. He rides in a G3 Pavilion in my car (thanks nbd), still in a Keyfit jn Dad's car. He will ride in a Graco clone when kf is outgrown. The spare will be for grandparents cares and flying (rf), which would you recommend?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm sort of partial to the deep sides on the SureRide, but the Guide is a little more compact to tote around and load. If you were a regular parent I'd say SureRide is easier to install RF, but a tech can handle a Guide just fine. 6 of one, half a dozen of the other? lol.

Belated and hearty congratulations on the baby, by the way, I didn't realize YOU had grown up that much...or that I'm so old... :p;):hug:

1mommy

Personally I'd pick the SureRide, easier to install in a hurry in different cars. Not to mention the Guides headrest can bother some kids, especially after they get older. Unless the grandparents are particularly tall and need the extra space.

SavsMom

I like the SureRide a lot more than the guide due to the ease of installation, good rear facing room and amazing harness height forward facing.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I would pick the SureRide for a 90th percentile kiddo. That said, one point in favor of the Guide is its longer expiration date. SureRide is 6years. Guide is at least 8. So for longevity it's kind of a toss up which one you'd get to use longer for a baby starting out at 5 months. One will get outgrown about the time the other expires, probably.

Cnidaria

Good point - the Guide I just got has a >10 year expiration date!

I have both seats and they each have their pluses and minuses.

Edited to add: if you're trying to fit it rear-facing in a compact car, the Guide wins, hands-down.

aunt83me02

Senior Community Member
My in-laws drive a Scion xB. Will a sure ride fit rf on a plane somewhat easily? We will fly a minimum of once a year but I will probably be by myself. We flew when he was 9wks (easy peasy with the KF and kf Caddy frame). We will probably fly over spring break with a convertible...

Julie--it's probably been about 15yrs since we first "met" on the Baby Bargains forums (and I was 15!). Then it was iVillage, then here! I've been a tech for 12yrs and finally have my own baby.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC