True Fit SI

Hazelandlucy

Just discovered this seat. Not worried about 35 lb limit. Never hear about it at all, I assume because of low weight limits. Rebound bar and fully lined with EPP foam.

Is it still made? I did a search and it looks like very little about the seat lately. I have never heard of First Years although I think it looks familiar and I might have used some pacifier wipes of theirs, lol. Reputable company? Nice seat? Leg room?

ADS

1mommy

Have it and love it. It was fairly recently that it was discontinued. Good leg room, takes up a bit of space back to front but not too bad if you have short people driving. I like that it has lock offs so I don't have to deal with the seat leaning.

bella_1818

I loved the seat with my son! There are better seats out there now, in my opinion, but it was a great seat in it's time!

Hazelandlucy

It's still on Amazon. Any reason a Peg/Foonf/Britax any better besides weight limit? My almost 3 yr old is 36.5 inches and still fits into a CCO so not super tall either.

1mommy

It technically doesnt have a rear-facing height limit, just you can't use the 4th harness slot rf, but after a while I heard your child can get uncomfortable if the straps are too far below their shoulders. But if you plan on turning at 4, even if your child was tall I wouldnt think it would be a problem. So technically I think the new Britax CT would last longer RF if you wanted to RF forever (especially with the 40 pound weight limit).

The only thing I would be concerned with if I were you would be an older date of manufactuer, but if it arrives and you feel its too old and not worth the money you can return it.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The straps are wide set so for narrow kids you have to be careful about chest clip placement, and the required lockoffs have issues in a few cars/seating positions.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I wasn't a fan of the True Fit myself. It took up a lot of room, IMO, and I hate continuous harnesses. That's a personal preference, though.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It's wide, but only takes up about 2” more front to back than the coccoro at a 35 degree angle in my car.

melissa621

Just discovered this seat. Not worried about 35 lb limit. Never hear about it at all, I assume because of low weight limits. Rebound bar and fully lined with EPP foam.

Is it still made? I did a search and it looks like very little about the seat lately. I have never heard of First Years although I think it looks familiar and I might have used some pacifier wipes of theirs, lol. Reputable company? Nice seat? Leg room?

I have one and I like it. The leg room is amazing (so much better than our Britax seats). If you can still pick one up, I'd recommend it. It is a wide seat, but I don't find that it takes up a ton of room front to back, honestly. It fits great in the tiny backseat of my '07 Subaru Outback. Ours is currently sitting in the closet until I get tired of stuffing my tiny 20 month old into his Marathon and Advocate. It is just so roomy.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I also didn't like the lockoffs, and the harness release was a PITA. Every seat has its quirks, though. I have yet to meet one I 100% love.

creideamh

I had the TFP not the SI, but it's the only seat I absolutely passionately hated. Same with my fave CPST to work with. But like others said, YMMV.

jacqui276

I have a true fit premier and love it. It has so much rear facing leg room! I just wish that it didn't have the 35lbs limit since DS outgrew it at 18 months.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC