Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Soontobemommyof3

Car seat configuration in 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT

Hi all!

We are currently expecting baby #3. Right now we have DD1 (3 yrs, 26.5 lbs, 35") RFing in a Britax Boulevard in a 2nd row Captain's chair and DD2 (2 yrs, 24.5 lbs, 32") RFing in a Britax Advocate in the other Captain's chair. DH won't even discuss FFing until DD1 is at least 4 (or longer) since she is so tiny. My question is what do you think will be the best arrangement for 3 RFing car seats? Baby #3 will be in a Britax Chaperone. We have the Swivel n Go version, and I was thinking of removing the Captain's chair behind the driver. I am not sure if I am comfortable with the newborn in the 3rd row. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Car seat configuration in 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT

Removing one of the captain's chairs, if that's not too hard to do and can be easily put back later, is probably a good idea.

I don't see any particular reason not to put the newborn in the 3rd row, but really however the seats fit and provides access so you can buckle everyone up is fine.

I would try shuffling seats around (not necessarily installing them in every position) and try to get a feel for what's likely to fit where and how easy it is to reach the buckles.
    Mom to 2 adults and 2 little kids.
    Tall 8 year old in Incognito; Petite 3 year old RF in CA65