Bucklemate? Yay or Nay?????

julia94115

I did a few searches but didn't see it mentioned here anywhere.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/MyBuckleMate-Buckle-Holder-Buckling-Easier/dp/B00J4PZRSM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414948462&sr=8-1&keywords=bucklemate"]Amazon- Bucklemate Buckle holder[/ame]

ADS

MotoMommaNH

Eh, don't see that it's necessary and just adds one more piece that could lead to mis use. If the buckle s are floppy and the booster rider can't reach to buckle then the caregiver should be helping make sure it's done correctly.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I picked up a set of these at the ABC Show to review, but my buckle stalks aren't long enough to need them, so it'll have to wait until I have a different car to try them in. The blog did review a similar product, though: http://carseatblog.com/17142/new-product-review-bucklebiters/

My opinion is that they can be helpful if necessary. There's not really room for misuse because once you put it on, it's on (until you remove it). It's not the kind of thing that needs to be constantly done or undone. I also don't think it's unreasonable for a parent to want to give their kids the ability to buckle themselves in.

julia94115

Ok- I just ordered a pair to try. Am hoping it will make some little lives just a wee bit easier in tight 3 across (two booster riders and a harnessed seat.)

The kids are easy-going and not complainers but sometimes I feel for them when they are tired and running out of steam (and patience.)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Looks better than the noodles-and-ducttape contraption I had, which started peeling and melting after awhile...
I've also heard of tying a long sock around the stalk, but haven't tried that.

cookie123

Looks better than the noodles-and-ducttape contraption I had, which started peeling and melting after awhile...
I've also heard of tying a long sock around the stalk, but haven't tried that.

Yeah I've had to replace them a few times. On the other hand it doesn't take up any room.

julia94115

Ok- so they just got delivered and I just installed them. All kids are in currently in school so I am unable to have them try them out BUT here's where I see a possible problem....

The Bucklemate holds the female part straight up therefore the lap part of the belt will be held higher up rather than when the buckle is laying down lower.

Will see what happens when I get the kids in them.

ERFmama

Ok- so they just got delivered and I just installed them. All kids are in currently in school so I am unable to have them try them out BUT here's where I see a possible problem....

The Bucklemate holds the female part straight up therefore the lap part of the belt will be held higher up rather than when the buckle is laying down lower.

Will see what happens when I get the kids in them.

How did it go? :D

julia94115

Ok- so....(sorry I only today had all three in the car at the same time)

Honestly, I don't have much to say about them! They do exactly what they are supposed to do- easy to install, easy to use. One kid said she loved hers and the other kid (this one would be mine :rolleyes: ) said she couldn't tell a difference. But when I told her I would take it off she quickly exclaimed, "No, that's fine. You can leave it."
Meaning, she likes it.

It does not interfere at all with the positioning of the belt like I had wondered if it would.

All in all, I would definitely recommend them!

aeormsby

I might have to get one (or 2) to try in our truck. Long, floppy buckles that fall back down the gap behind the cushions combined with using a FR80 in booster mode make it impossible for my almost 9yo to buckle herself, I don't think DS even tries.

julia94115

I might have to get one (or 2) to try in our truck. Long, floppy buckles that fall back down the gap behind the cushions combined with using a FR80 in booster mode make it impossible for my almost 9yo to buckle herself, I don't think DS even tries.

Yes! It sounds like these would be perfect for that situation.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC