Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    compacthelp

Question Best Convertible Car Seat for Small Car

Hi all! Please please please help me choose the most compact convertible seat for small car and tall hubby. Looking for 2, one for my 10 month old and 1 for my 3 year old, so has to be compact rear facing (front to back). I've looked at Chicco Nextfit, Britax Boulevard, Marathon, so many more. Help me! TIA!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician

Re: Best Convertible Car Seat for Small Car

Hello and welcome to car-seat.org! A good place to start is the carseatblog post comparing front-back space of various convertible seats. It would also be a good idea to try seats in your car if you can! Usually stores like Babies R Us will let you take display models of seats out into the parking lot to try them in your car (and to try sitting your child in them too). If you go that route, take your time to read the manual, install the car seat, and put it through its motions to decide which one you really like best.

If you have more questions, we are happy to try to help!
    Cutie #1 (13 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (6 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (3 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

Do you have a budget, and any other things that you want in a car seat? (For exmaple a no-rethread harness or lock-off's)?
    Mommy to Jake, a.k.a Booger Breath #1- born March 2012 and Sawyer, my little "Soy Bean"- born May 2014

Playing the Car Seat Shuffle between a True Fit Premier, Guide 65, Graco MySize, Graco Milestone and a Maxi Cosi Pria

StacieB

I found this to be helpful when searching: http://carseatblog.com/22818/the-ult...-size-matters/