Eddie Bauer Travel System ponderings

cookie123

A family had this seat last night at work. The baby doesn't meet criteria for a car seat test so I suggested we take out the Snuzzler and put her in there. Well, the harness didn't tighten enough and it fit her kind of weird, not laying flat at the shoulders kind of pulling over from the slots to the shoulders. I realize now this seat has a 5 lbs minimum. At least it said so on Target's website. Isn't it the same seat at the On Board with a 4 lb minimum?

http://www.target.com/p/eddie-bauer...prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=eddie+bauer+car+seat

ADS

cookie123

Just wanted to add baby is 37.3 and 4 lbs 6 oz. The harness on the seat doesn't have a shorter loop. I remember now that I had this same issue with an OnBOard Air in the past.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
What did the seat say for weight minimum? I never trust retailer info. Target is the site that said the Via was rf and ff. :p

cookie123

What did the seat say for weight minimum? I never trust retailer info. Target is the site that said the Via was rf and ff. :p

I didn't think to check when I was there, sadly. Mom isn't worried. She won't be going anyplace anyway. :mad: I'm sure she was thinking the snuzzler would take up the extra harness.

Brianna

I just bought some OnBoard 35s, and it seemed to me the harness pulled really small. I have no babies to test in them yet though... But the manual does allow for shortening the crotch strap by routing it through the next farther out slot. Maybe that would pull more slack out of the harness?

katymyers

I thought there was a 5 lbs version of the onboard? Didn't we talk about it somewhere? It doesn't have all that nice preemie padding that the 4 lbs version has.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I thought there was a 5 lbs version of the onboard? Didn't we talk about it somewhere? It doesn't have all that nice preemie padding that the 4 lbs version has.

Yes, there was at 5 lb version. I thought they'd done away with those though.

I'd also be curious about the DOM of this Eddie Bauer version.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Agreed. Though I know there were known issues with too-long harnesses on a few seats- most of the OnBoards do adjust really small.

cookie123

I'll check the DOM if I can but baby will likely be discharged today. I had today off. I didn't know that about the crotch strap. Is it in the manual? Anyone have a link?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC