Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

Canada High Back Booster for Back Seat of a 2005 Dodge Caravan???

So I think its time to permanently move my 6 1/2 year old, 50 pound daughter to a booster out of her Nautilus. I'm hoping with a new baby coming that she can go into the back seat of our Caravan unless it makes her car sickness worse then she'll be back in the captain seat and her 3 year old sister will have to go back there. (which I really hope doesn't happen with the awkward tethers back there)

My question is what booster will work with the awkward low on the shoulder belts in the back seat. I think I read on here at one time that the newer Britax Parkways work okay. Is that the best solution? Snugglebugz has a pink one available and I'd really like a girly colour. But before I get it shipped across the country I want to make sure it will work.
    Thanks!
    Mom to Allison 02/17/08 Parkway booster
    Annelise 01/19/11 FF harnesed in a Britax Frontier
    William 03/10/15 RF in a Clek Filo

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: High Back Booster for Back Seat of a 2005 Dodge Caravan???

Someone hopefully will pipe in re your vehicle but is there somewhere you could go in town to try it along with a few others? Sometimes booster fit is finicky and I found it helpful to try my kids in a few in the vehicle in order to choose. (Sometimes this backfires - my dd chose strictly based on colour, pattern and the fact her best friend has the same seat)
    Tech and mom to:
    8yr old in a HBTB with SS, and 9yr old in a NB TB in an 07 CRV

Carseat Crazy

Thanks Alison's Mom, I might have to try one out locally. Although since she's my oldest I'm not totally confident in what makes a booster a good fit vehicle wise.

The problem with the Dodge Caravan seats is the shoulder belt is so low even too low for an adult. Then with a booster it won't retract in the booster guide. From threads I've read most boosters do not work back there. It would also have to fit on the out board positions because the middle seatbelt is only a lap belt. Its a split seat in the back but not a stow n go.

Anyone else with experience with these vehicles? Thanks!

Hi. There aren't a whole lot of boosters that work back there. Unfortunately I can never remember which ones do. I think Evenflo Big Kid works. I would start with Evenflo boosters. Some people chave had success with the Parkway but I don't know if it was the current version of the Parkway. Also the Monterey, but again there have been different versions.
    17yrs, 15yrs, 13yrs, 11yrs , 9yrs (58", 75lbs, Incognito), 7yrs (46", 50lbs, Dreamtime), 5yrs (41", 35lbs, RN), 3yrs (30lbs, RF Marathon), NB (Peg 4-35)
    '14 Mazda5, '06 Chevy Express, '08 Toyota Tundra

In my 2006 Caravan the Parkway and Big Kid work very well. I do not like the Monterey there at all.

Carseat Crazy

Thanks, that gives me something to work with!