Blech, I can't make up my mind, help me decide!!

purplemama

I got one of these for DD2
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IP8A9HI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com : Safety 1st Advance SE 65 Air+ Convertible Car Seat, Plumberry : Baby[/ame]

And while there are many many things I love about it, it's just so freaking HUGE. And as you raise the headrest up there is an odd gap in the back that I think will be uncomfortable for taller kids, especially my skinny little things.
And DD1 wants to ride in it because it has a cup holder and her seat doesn't. So every trip is a battle. Not to mention there is foam not covered by plastic shell on the side and I can see that breaking off when it's grabbed as a child climbs into the seat. I will try to get pictures of that later.

The proride DD2 was riding in wasn't working anymore, lack of leg room, and the crotch buckle was still so far forward on her she really slouched down and was uncomfortable. She's been much happier riding in the advanced air.

I was thinking of either getting DD1 an advanced air whatever it is also (so she has a cup holder and better SIP) or getting DD2 a RA50 like DD1 because it's just so darn easy to use and not HUGE like the advanced air.

But the thing is, I'm a little hung up on the whole side impact stuff. I love the advanced air for that. But if I get one for DD1 then the captains chair that DS2 rides in has to be moved up which makes him closer to the front passenger seat. And he's in a booster so......

Yeah, I'm just never happy with the seats I have. And I'm driving myself nuts with this lately and I have enough other stuff going on with my life right now to drive me nuts.

I can't decide what seats I want for my girls. I love the SIP of the advanced air but the RA50 is so easy to use and move to DH's car if needed. I'm not worried about RF room, DD1 will be 4 in Dec and still has a ton of room in the RA50 and only weighs 26#. DD2 is 2.5 and is 4 inches shorter than DD1 and weighs 23#.

ADS

Hazelandlucy

What about a seat like the AA for your DD1 that isn't quite as huge?

The Pria 85 will apparently pass the new side impact testing. They tested it this year "unofficially." I think Dorel is the company that helped create the side impact test coming in 2017 or 2018. That might be wrong, I have read a LOT lately,lol, but I do know Dorel told me it has taken "the test" (and I was super clear about it being the government proposed one) and passed. The Pria 70 took it in April and the 85 later in the year.

It has a cup holder and that same lounge chair feeling.

purplemama

Oh I'd love to get at least DD1 a pink Pria!!! I'd have to totally lie to my DH about how much it cost though.......:eek:

purplemama

Yes having to be practical about it sucks. I know I could whine and beg and plead and basically nag DH until he agreed but I would feel guilty and we really can't afford it anyway.
I honestly think I'm going to get another RA50 for DD2 and call it good.

purplemama

Went to buy buy baby and played with a Pria today. They even had the pink one. I was REALLY hoping I'd hate it.......but I'm in love. DH says a firm no and we really can't afford it. I wish I hadn't gone and played with it. :(

thepote

Went to buy buy baby and played with a Pria today. They even had the pink one. I was REALLY hoping I'd hate it.......but I'm in love. DH says a firm no and we really can't afford it. I wish I hadn't gone and played with it. :(

What's your budget? Maybe put out an ISO for a used one in swap.

purplemama

I'm not comfortable using a used seat.

ETA: And I want (not need) 2, one for each DD.

I'm getting hung up on the whole SIP thing but then I think about DS2 just in a booster and I feel guilty he's possibly not as protected......
Bottom line, I need something easy to use and comfortable for my girls as we now do a ton of driving.

Last edited:

thepote

I'm not comfortable using a used seat. ETA: And I want (not need) 2, one for each DD. I'm getting hung up on the whole SIP thing but then I think about DS2 just in a booster and I feel guilty he's possibly not as protected...... Bottom line, I need something easy to use and comfortable for my girls as we now do a ton of driving.

I totally get the SIP thing. I recently bought a Foonf specifically to FF my DD. Ideally, the REACT/rigid latch will help in side impacts (as well as forward crash forces) and it is high enough to benefit from the side curtain airbags.

I got the Foonf used here on swap from a local member... I guess I trust the people here that have been active members; I wouldn't buy on CL or anything.

purplemama

Yeah I would definitely trust people here more but my DH is pretty adamant about no used seats :eek:.

I have side air bags so it's not as big a deal than if I didn't.

I'm just having a hard time with life in general right now and I shouldn't even be bothering with this because I so don't need something else to stress about. :(

thepote

Yeah I would definitely trust people here more but my DH is pretty adamant about no used seats :eek:. I have side air bags so it's not as big a deal than if I didn't. I'm just having a hard time with life in general right now and I shouldn't even be bothering with this because I so don't need something else to stress about. :(

Your DH has far too much say in these matters :p

They will be safe in anything you get, everything else is just gravy that makes you feel better. Maybe try to look at it as a fun diversion?

((Hugs!))

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC