News Psst... New seat - Britax B-Safe 35 and B-Safe 35 Elite

I have a feeling this isn't supposed to be up yet but I'm not sure

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00OVSBQ82/ref=mp_s_a_1_217?qid=1414553981&sr=8-217&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70"]Britax B-Agile 3/B-Safe 35 Elite Travel System, Cowmooflage:Amazon:Baby[/ame]

Attachments

• image-947921850.jpg
    image-947921850.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
ADS
More:

ETA: So there's a B-Safe 35 and a B-Safe 35 Elite. They seem to follow the same echelon system used in the convertibles ( "Complete Side Impact Protection" on base models (Marathon CT and B-Safe 35) with no structural head wings and "Complete Side Impact Protection Plus" on the next step up (B-Safe Elite and BLVD CT which includes structural head wings and in the case of the B-Safe, a no-rethread harness )

Here's hoping that another infant seat is to follow with a load leg... I was expecting that on this model but alas.

Last edited:

MotoMommaNH

Re: Psst... New seat

I noticed that they changed the safe cell color to red....in these and the Frontiers at least. Hmmmm wonder if there is any rhyme or reason to that.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

aept

I noticed that they changed the safe cell color to red....in these and the Frontiers at least. Hmmmm wonder if there is any rhyme or reason to that. Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

Probably to make it "showier" for the baby store showrooms.

I do think it looks cool. I wonder how huge it is. I'm thinking keyfit for baby #4 but could be swayed ;)

So safe cell does make a difference rear facing?

It will hypothetically absorb and mitigate some of the immediate impact forces when the seat rotates toward the point of impact. I am of the opinion that anything energy-absorbing (even if only in theory/company claims) we can put between children and the point of impact is very likely a beneficial thing. I'm a big fan of SafeCell. From a physics standpoint, it makes a great deal of sense.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

I'm thrilled to see they fixed the two things on the B Safe that really annoyed me. The base that didn't adjust (and ate fingers!) and the hidden belt guides. This looks cool while not hiding things from parents.

Hopefully it installs well too.

Wendy

seb3244

Ok now dd2 is 4months and in a be safe I just purchased new right before she was born. I am now wanting to sell the one she is in to get this. Am I ridiculous or what?

seb3244

Does anyone know the cost or where to buy one? Also does it fit in the city select with the britax car seat adaptors?
Thanks

kaitlyn

Senior Community Member

Ohh I wonder if it'll come to Canada. Our B-Safe is only 22lb limit right now.

bbartlettnfld

Looking at the side on pic of the Cow moo one where it is in the B-agile it looks like the handle cannot be up while in the car. I can't zoom in enough though. Seems like the handle being upright is in Red while the other positions are in blue? Anyone able to zoom in on that more.

Looks nice, I really like the look, very reminiscent of the Peg Perego 4/35 to me. Same low profile base, that I like and rounded shape of the actual bucket portion.

seb3244

Looking at the side on pic of the Cow moo one where it is in the B-agile it looks like the handle cannot be up while in the car. I can't zoom in enough though. Seems like the handle being upright is in Red while the other positions are in blue? Anyone able to zoom in on that more. Looks nice, I really like the look, very reminiscent of the Peg Perego 4/35 to me. Same low profile base, that I like and rounded shape of the actual bucket portion.

When I zoom in it gets blurry. But I can't imagine britax making it so you can't use the car seat with the bar up over the child

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC