Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

2014 Odyssey and load leg carseat

I have a 2014 Touring Elite and would really like to use a rear facing seat from the UK that has rigid latch and a load leg. I have looked into a bit and have read some confusing and vague posts on other forums about the Odyssey having underfloor storage and/or a spare tire under the second row foot area. There is no obvious underfloor storage in my car, but where is the spare tire? If it's located under the second row can I still use a load leg?

I know the UK seat is not legal, but I scared myself reading articles about downward rotation and babies hitting heads on the console and neck loads from ramping up the seat!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: 2014 Odyssey and load leg carseat

I think you can, but if you need to get to your spare tire, you would need to remove the car seat base. It's located in the floor in the middle of the second row under the front center console. The door to access it is in the second row in front of the 8th seat. It's really a 99/1 rule...so I wouldn't worry about it.

4. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy

Re: 2014 Odyssey and load leg carseat

Quote Originally Posted by DawgDad View Post
    I think you can, but if you need to get to your spare tire, you would need to remove the car seat base. It's located in the floor in the middle of the second row under the front center console. The door to access it is in the second row in front of the 8th seat. It's really a 99/1 rule...so I wouldn't worry about it.

So it's ok to use the load leg even in the center - right in front of that 8th seat? Would that be right over top of the door? Have no idea why I haven't noticed this!

Carseat Crazy
    I have a nuna pipa installed in a '14 Ody second row, center seat. I also had similar concerns on the compatibility in that location with the load leg and spare tire storage compartment, but the consensus I got from on here was that the load leg will have already done it's job before losing support from that floor area. Several techs off the record told me if it was their baby, seat and vehicle they would still use it in that position.

Hth!

7. Thank You from: