2014 Odyssey and load leg carseat

Hazelandlucy

I have a 2014 Touring Elite and would really like to use a rear facing seat from the UK that has rigid latch and a load leg. I have looked into a bit and have read some confusing and vague posts on other forums about the Odyssey having underfloor storage and/or a spare tire under the second row foot area. There is no obvious underfloor storage in my car, but where is the spare tire? If it's located under the second row can I still use a load leg?

I know the UK seat is not legal, but I scared myself reading articles about downward rotation and babies hitting heads on the console and neck loads from ramping up the seat!

ADS

DawgDad

I think you can, but if you need to get to your spare tire, you would need to remove the car seat base. It's located in the floor in the middle of the second row under the front center console. The door to access it is in the second row in front of the 8th seat. It's really a 99/1 rule...so I wouldn't worry about it.

Hazelandlucy

I think you can, but if you need to get to your spare tire, you would need to remove the car seat base. It's located in the floor in the middle of the second row under the front center console. The door to access it is in the second row in front of the 8th seat. It's really a 99/1 rule...so I wouldn't worry about it.

So it's ok to use the load leg even in the center - right in front of that 8th seat? Would that be right over top of the door? Have no idea why I haven't noticed this!

jordansmom

I have a nuna pipa installed in a '14 Ody second row, center seat. I also had similar concerns on the compatibility in that location with the load leg and spare tire storage compartment, but the consensus I got from on here was that the load leg will have already done it's job before losing support from that floor area. Several techs off the record told me if it was their baby, seat and vehicle they would still use it in that position.

Hth!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC