Britax Rebound bar is here!

Hazelandlucy

Anyone tried it yet? It's only for the CS and G3 models, but I am hoping it helps with leg room! It's showing up for $20 on the Britax site

Last edited:
ADS

Keeks64

They are required in Canada so I've had one on my G4 for a while now.

I like it :) it's easy to use & simple.

Doesn't help with legroom though - like at all.

Best ARB ever because it was a removeable/washable cover

MotoMommaNH

Also to clarify...it will work with convertible seats manufactured after June 2010 (except classic and Ct). So it will fit the G2,G3, and G4

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

Kel

Oh wow! I was thinking this was just for the new line. Any pics of it installed on a g3/4?

nataliem257

Can a tech weigh in on tethering vs rebound bar? Obviously if there's no tether point or the vehicle prohibits it because of advanced air bags the rebound bar is great, but are there any other advantages? I'm asking because I'm considering purchasing one...but it seems like the tether would offer some additional side impact stability.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The ARB offers rebound control and some side impact stability without trade offs- no conflict with vehicle manufacturer, no risk to front seat occupants, no fuss to install, no increased neck loads. I personally prefer it.

Hazelandlucy

The ARB offers rebound control and some side impact stability without trade offs- no conflict with vehicle manufacturer, no risk to front seat occupants, no fuss to install, no increased neck loads. I personally prefer it.

I didn't realize there were no increased neck loads with a bar vs a tether. I was two seconds away from ordering a Peg over another Britax for some leg room. Omg, I am never going to get a new seat! I have information overload!!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, the refusal to bring the arb here is why I don't have a Peg myself. (will be buying a boulevard ct with arb next, pretty sure.)

Last edited:

gigi

If it helps with legroom, I might flip my daughter back around for road trips. If anyone gets one and has legroom photos, please post them!

Keeks64

If it helps with legroom, I might flip my daughter back around for road trips. If anyone gets one and has legroom photos, please post them!

There's no leg room with my G4 , it's almost identical , the ARB site right against the seat , it's not like the Foonf ARB. It clicks into place on either side of the recline handle.

I can take a photo later this afternoon :)

ETA: Google photo

View attachment 26400

You can see how flush it sits against the car seat & of course flat against the vehicle seat

Last edited:

justhat

So this won't work with the click tight seats? Sigh. I was planning to get a clicktight advocate for my son when he outgrows his chaperone but I would also really prefer the arb to a tether because where he seats in my car there isn't a great rf tether option, at least in terms of getting my older ones into the 3rd row.

Dillipop

So this won't work with the click tight seats? Sigh. I was planning to get a clicktight advocate for my son when he outgrows his chaperone but I would also really prefer the arb to a tether because where he seats in my car there isn't a great rf tether option, at least in terms of getting my older ones into the 3rd row.

I think they are releasing one in the near future for the click tight seats.

Early 2015 there will be an ARB released for the ClickTight convertibles.

bella_1818

Early 2015 there will be an ARB released for the ClickTight convertibles.

I called Britax this morning to get a full sized tether strap for my Advocate CT so I can Australian tether. I asked about the rebound bar and the rep said the date had been pushed back and it was still being tested. She said it isn't available for pre-order and to call back after the first of the year.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC