Diono Rearfacing in Nissan Rogue 2015

expee

Hello,

Does anyone have experience installing a Diono Radian RXT Convertible rearfacing into a new version of Nissan Rogue?

Thank you!

ADS

jwilliams

Hi! I don't have experience with that particular vehicle, hopefully someone who does will come along.

One question, though, what age child will the seat be for? The angle adjuster accessory can make the Diono fit in a lot of smaller vehicles, but it is only suitable for children who can sit up and who have good head control.

expee

Do you have any specific questions about the install? (Do you own the seat already?)

I am actually in the process of figuring out what car to buy. No, I do not have the seat, but I will be buying two of these Diono seats in about a year, and I 'd like to know how they fit into a Rogue, which is one car that high on my list.

And to answer jwilliams's question, the seats will be for two children who will most likely be just shy of one year, or sooner if they grow fast :).

jacqui276

I have no experience with the vehicle but one thing that I found very helpful when I was new car shopping was to bring my car seat with me and install it in all of the cars that I was interested in to see if it installed easily or fit rear facing in them.

Try installing it in your current vehicle first so that you are comfortable with it. I would also recommend using an angle adjuster when used rear facing for a child that old as it will help it fit in a lot more vehicles.

jwilliams

I am actually in the process of figuring out what car to buy. No, I do not have the seat, but I will be buying two of these Diono seats in about a year, and I 'd like to know how they fit into a Rogue, which is one car that high on my list.

And to answer jwilliams's question, the seats will be for two children who will most likely be just shy of one year, or sooner if they grow fast :).

That's great! It means that you should be able to use an angle adjuster for them. Knowing that, unless you and your husband are really tall and keep your seats really far back (or really reclined), the Radians should fit just fine front to back.

Having said that, the back seat of the Rogue looks like it could be trouble for the RF boot on the Diono seats, due to the plastic hinges. It appears that the center seatbelt comes out of the passenger side rear seat, and that the buckle for the passenger seat is well onto the center seat. Here's the picture I was looking at.

ForumRunner_20141112_111246.png

expee

Having said that, the back seat of the Rogue looks like it could be trouble for the RF boot on the Diono seats, due to the plastic hinges.....

Thank you for pointing out. I' would have missed that until it was too late. By teh way, the Rogue may be too small for our needs. That's what my wife thinks ;-). I dislike vans with zeal, and large SUV's, but it seems I'll just need to get one.

..... one thing that I found very helpful when I was new car shopping was to bring my car seat with me and install it in all of the cars that I was interested in to see if it installed easily or fit rear facing in them.

That's what I decided to do last night. I'll just take the seat with me and try it in all vehicles.

Thank you to all!

ceridwen

The Honda CRV and Subaru Outback would both likely be easier for car seats. We can easily do 3 across in our Outback and have tall people ride in the front seats with RF car seats behind them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC