3 kids in an 8-passenger van...

ADS

Gidgetc13

I did quickly check out the 2015 Sedona last night. The 8th seat does seem really small, but I've also never seen an 8 seater Odyssey or Sienna so I have no clue how its size compares to those vans. It looked to be maybe only slightly larger than the middle seat in the third row. The way the captains chairs side up and out of the way is really nice and makes it really easy to get to the third row. I'm not sure if the center seat slides, but I think I saw a track on the floor so it is probably somewhat adjustable. The seatbelt does come out of the ceiling for the center seat in both the second and third rows. There are 3 sets of LATCH, on the captain chairs and on the passenger side of the 3rd row. There is also a 4th TA on the center seat of the third row. I sat in the 3rd row and found it roomy as far as leg room. It looked like it had decent cargo space, but like I said I don't really know how the Sienna or Odyssey compare as I am not familiar with those vehicles. I've never owned a minivan but will likely be looking to get one in the next couple of years. I have high hopes for the Sedona because DH sells Kias, but I would need more time with it to see if it is something I would actually want to buy. It looks really nice.

YinzerMama

I haven't looked at one yet. Our nearest Kia dealership is part of a chain I will never set foot in again - even to look. But there are others further afield! The honda 8th seat is small as well. The old one was super small, the new one is a tad bigger but they try to buffer that by letting you move the captain's chairs out to create more butt room. But the seat is so narrow that while they tout latch as a selling point is is exactly as wide as the lower anchors so I am sure they made it as narrow as possible - the anchors are even weirdly located and off to the side I think because of how narrow. It is wider though than the new sienna seat.

Maybe Kia will make it wider in the future if this takes off?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC