Britax Clight Tight Marathon vs. Boulevard

cottonpenny

Looking for a new convertible for my 5 month old DD. She was just measured at her doctor's at 16 lbs and 28" (!!!). Neither DH, my DS, or I are tall, so not sure why she is off the charts for height, but in any case, I guess she needs to be out of her Snugride 30 soon.

Looking at the new Britax Clight tight models…What is the height difference between the Marathon and Boulevard model and does it really matter? How does the Marathon compare to the heights of the Diono seats or the Nextfit? Will an average kid make it to 4 in the Marathon rear facing?

DS (3y3m) rides in a Ranier and still has plenty of room to go rear facing, I'm sure he'll make it to 4. So I don't think I need anything much taller than that.

I don't care all that much about the side impact stuff cause I think she'll be in the middle. I'd prefer the Marathon cause it's cheaper and I like the cow print. But the price difference isn't a huge deal if the Boulevard is really so much better. WWYD?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
The big difference is that the Marathon can only be used to within 1" of the top of the shell, and the Boulevard can be used to within 1" of the fully extended headrest. I don't know the exact difference in measurements, but it's significant.

The Boulevard and Advocate CT are, I believe, the tallest RF seats now available (possibly tied with the large Graco convertibles).

Here's my review. You can see that my 5.5-year-old still fits RF with tons of room, although her legs are a bit smushed. http://carseatblog.com/30080/britax...nvertible-review-sometimes-things-just-click/

nataliem257

I think the click tight marathon has a seated height of 25", compared to around 28" for the boulevard and the advocate. The Dionos are also 25", but the profile design often gives extra height when installed. The nextfit is 26". Honestly, with a 28" 5 month old, I would spring for the Boulevard, especially if you want to RF till 4. The growth might slow down, but it might not and if it doesn't you're going to need all the shell you can get. 3 inches of shell can mean a couple of extra years of RF time. It also has 2 extra inches of harness height so it will last your tall girl longer FF too.

Last edited:

cottonpenny

Oh! I thought the Marathon could be used 1" below the top of the extended headrest too, but that it was shorter than the extended headrest on the Boulevard and the Advocate? But if it's the shell then does it make it short like the old Boulevard? My DS outgrew that around 3, hence why he has a Ranier now.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Oh! I thought the Marathon could be used 1" below the top of the extended headrest too, but that it was shorter than the extended headrest on the Boulevard and the Advocate? But if it's the shell then does it make it short like the old Boulevard? My DS outgrew that around 3, hence why he has a Ranier now.

Yup, this is correct. 1" of headrest, but a shorter headrest than the other two.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC