Best deal on Boba 4G

Brigala

CPST Instructor
So I've pretty much settled on wanting a Boba 4G. Preferably in the Kangaroo style.

I can get one with a registry completion discount through Amazon or Target for about $109. Or I can possibly buy a used one locally off CL (rarity, I've been watching for MONTHS but a listing popped up today) for $80.

Which would you do? Or is there a better price?

ADS

seb3244

If the difference between new and used is $109 vs $80 I would buy new. I mean what if you hate it? If you by new you could return it ;)

Have you looked into tula? I am saving to get one ;)

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I've looked into all of them, but I haven't seen a Tula in real life. I have a friend with the Boba and she is "shaped" a lot like me and it just seems like a really good fit. I kinda made the Ergo work, but it was never really a good fit.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Found a $5 off code for Target that brings it down to about $106. Not having any luck finding anything else to stack... *sigh*

Why don't these things ever come on sale? You know it will after I buy it. ;) Suddenly Target will take 30% off all Baby Carriers just because I finally caved after months of deal shopping and paid $106. ;)

seb3244

Found a $5 off code for Target that brings it down to about $106. Not having any luck finding anything else to stack... *sigh* Why don't these things ever come on sale? You know it will after I buy it. ;) Suddenly Target will take 30% off all Baby Carriers just because I finally caved after months of deal shopping and paid $106. ;)

That is how is always works. Stuff goes on sale after I buy it all the time. :(

Aurezalia

Are you on any of the babywearing swap groups on FB? Boba pops up on the big one fairly frequently for good prices!
There's a Kangaroo Boba on the "babywearing on a budget" group now that comes with the matching diaper bag (that clips to the carrier if you want it to) for $85. Another with organic suck pads for $90. There aren't any on the big swap right now that I can tell, but it's worth joining and keeping your eyes peeled or even posting an ISO. That one's just "The babywearing swap".

FWIW, I think you'll love the Boba. We're probably built about the same because the Ergo didn't work for me at all. Neither did the Tula, even though people talk it up for "petite frames." The standard was way too big for me. (The toddler wasn't happening in a million years!) I ended up with an Emeibaby and adore the crap out of it, but the Boba is my second favorite and near and dear to my heart. :love:

Aurezalia

Oh, and check and see if there are any local babywearing groups. You live in a fairly "crunchy" area IIRC? There probably is one. People tend to list their carriers in there for lower prices than they list anywhere else to give price breaks to local BW'ing buddies. :)

Dillipop

Do you have the red card for target as well? It'll take another 5% off an give you free shipping I it doesn't already qualify. I'd wait on target, I think. Just a couple weeks ago, they had a $20 off $125 baby purchase, which include just about anything in baby minus clothing. I bet they have another either through cartwheel or their ad. You might even be able to combine that with your registry completion discount.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I'll check the swap groups. Do you have a link? The person locally is missing one of the foot straps anyway.

I don't have a red card and frankly I don't trust Target with my debit card info. I used paypal for my order (which I placed but can always cancel or return). I had a code for $20 off baby stuff but it said my order didn't qualify. :( I tried adding the teething pads so it came up over $125 after the other discounts but it still didn't work.

I do live in a fairly crunchy area. In surprised to see so few Bobas for sale on CL.

I'm actually a pretty big girl. The Ergo kinda interfered with my chest. No way I could nurse in it, and it looked really awkward for back carry. And I need the extension strap for my waist (which I have now but would rather not have to deal with).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC