Britax Blvd RF Height limit?? When to turn?

wnkw

Is there a rf height limit for the Blvd G3? I saw the one inch under the actual shell {not adjusted headrest, right?}. How long does it usually last?

DD turned two back in July. At her 2y check up they said she was 36.5 inches, but when I measure her standing up she is only around 35. I need to measure her torso, but most of her 2t pants are too short, so I guess she has longer legs. Over the past month her weight has fluctuated from 26-28lbs.

Is 2.5 {around Dec/January} too young to ff?? My oldest had to turn before then bc she weighed too much.

When I do turn her, should I put her in a FR {my oldest will probably have outgrown by then}, or keep her in the blvd?? Any advantage to either?

ADS

MotoMommaNH

You are right on the shell 1" limit. I'd say it lasts until a solid 3T shirt torso wise.
Ideally you would want to get as close to 4 years old rear facing, as studies show kiddos are much safer that way. So if at 2.5 yours outgrows the Blvd, you would need to make the decision to buy a longer lasting seat RF or turn her.

Once FF it would not matter if in a Frontier or her Blvd as they would both have five point harness restraints.

There is a possibility she will outgrow the harness height in the BLVD later on before you are ready to booster in which case the Frontier would buy you more time.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

wnkw

You are right on the shell 1" limit. I'd say it lasts until a solid 3T shirt torso wise.
Ideally you would want to get as close to 4 years old rear facing, as studies show kiddos are much safer that way. So if at 2.5 yours outgrows the Blvd, you would need to make the decision to buy a longer lasting seat RF or turn her.

Once FF it would not matter if in a Frontier or her Blvd as they would both have five point harness restraints.

There is a possibility she will outgrow the harness height in the BLVD later on before you are ready to booster in which case the Frontier would buy you more time.

Thanks. Buying another seat isn't an option unless Grandparents pitched in, and I doubt they would.. Fingers crossed she fits for a while longer. She's in mostly twos but some threes just because we have them.

MotoMommaNH

I hear you. We were in the same boat 2.5 years ago with our Ma70. Had to make the decision to turn DS as his monster torso outgrew it at 2.5 years old.
Takes after Daddy!

We are in a better position financially now so I've been saving towards a new seat for DD when the time comes.

AllieK

When I do turn her, should I put her in a FR {my oldest will probably have outgrown by then}, or keep her in the blvd?? Any advantage to either?

The Frontier is pretty upright, so if your LO sleeps in the car often (as my 2.5yr old does!) she might not be comfortable in the seat while sleeping. The Boulevard looks much more comfortable to sleep in, even on the most upright setting.

nataliem257

Is there a rf height limit for the Blvd G3? I saw the one inch under the actual shell {not adjusted headrest, right?}. How long does it usually last?

DD turned two back in July. At her 2y check up they said she was 36.5 inches, but when I measure her standing up she is only around 35. I need to measure her torso, but most of her 2t pants are too short, so I guess she has longer legs. Over the past month her weight has fluctuated from 26-28lbs.

Is 2.5 {around Dec/January} too young to ff?? My oldest had to turn before then bc she weighed too much.

I think it varies pretty wildly between child and car. My youngest had very similar stats at her 2 year check up, at 2.5 she just moved into a 4T shirt (they're a little big, but allowing for some growth in winter) 3t shirts are too short. She's got at least an inch if not 2 left in her boulevard before she outgrows it. She's going to make it to at least 3. :twocents:

wnkw

I think it varies pretty wildly between child and car. My youngest had very similar stats at her 2 year check up, at 2.5 she just moved into a 4T shirt (they're a little big, but allowing for some growth in winter) 3t shirts are too short. She's got at least an inch if not 2 left in her boulevard before she outgrows it. She's going to make it to at least 3. :twocents:

I was thinking three.. In our odyssey she is in the eight seat and is really reclined. When I put her in my gma's four runner she was so much more upright that it looked like she was getting close to the limit {but I wasn't sure what it was}. Then I saw a seat that had a thirty-six in limit, and wanted to make sure there wasn't anything like that for the britax seats..

nataliem257

I was thinking three.. In our odyssey she is in the eight seat and is really reclined. When I put her in my gma's four runner she was so much more upright that it looked like she was getting close to the limit {but I wasn't sure what it was}. Then I saw a seat that had a thirty-six in limit, and wanted to make sure there wasn't anything like that for the britax seats..

A tech can weigh in here, but I think there's only one limit for both rear and forward facing, and it's 49" I believe?

cottonpenny

My DS outgrew the Boulevard RF around 3...I think he was around 38". He was in a 3T shirts but 2T shorts cause of a skinny waist, but he has an enormous head which I think is why. He can still wear his 2T pants for length, and his 3T pants are usually too long. 4T shirt would be way too big.

MotoMommaNH

A tech can weigh in here, but I think there's only one limit for both rear and forward facing, and it's 49" I believe?
Yep 49" which I feel is totally unrealistic but maybe that's just me. DS is 42+" and had outgrown it FF.

So you would go by 1" rule for RF and harness height at or above shoulders and/or tops of ears at top of shell for FF.

finn

My dd is 3.5, 41 inches tall, in the 90th% for her height and still has room to rf in her roundabout, she has run out of leg room however, so we use it ff.

abigaylebelle

The limit is definitely 1" of shell. Have you measured her in the seat? I remember my ds outgrowing it rf wearing size 3-4 shirts (but boy shirts run bigger than girl shirts). The other thing is my kids torsos slow down in growth a ton after 2 years.

The blvd has been well liked ff for us. It lasts my kids forever but they are clearly unusual in that regard. Even my 47" tall boy can fit ff.

gigi

My daughter has similar specs to Finn's -41", 34 lbs, solid 4 shirts, moving to 5 - I turned her about 2 months ago because we were sick of rear facing, but she still had plenty of room above her head (2-3" above her head). Now she is FF and I anticipate I'll have to retire the Boulevards at 49" but that she won't have outgrown them. I am just hoping she makes it to over 5 so I can buy boosters instead of yet another harnessed seat - I really don't like the combo seats.
'

wnkw

Didn't measure her but it looks like she has at least 2 inches above her head. I didn't check well since we had to run to the grocery store and I installed it in a different place just to go to town (had used it in another car). Thanks

maramarrie

My DD is RF in that exact seat. She will be 4 next week. I was just coming on here to post a few photos of her head near the top of the seat to see how close we are...at times it looks like she's 2" below the shell and other times she looks only 1" below. Your 2yo should last a LONG time still RF in that seat. My kids are both avg and right above avg height and lasted in it until 4 RF in the Boulevard (at least...DD might still have more time).

My DD was 39" when measured in August.

wnkw

Well apparently she had a growth spurt according to her pants.. but she still has plenty of roomabove her head. I'll be happy with 3. She only rides in the car once or twice a week for a few miles so even if we could afford a different seat then, I couldn't justify it. Looks like she has a while though..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC