Foonf assembly questions

U

Unregistered

Hi! Our Foonf arrived and I have some questions after assembling it.

1. The instructions say that the base used for RF has to make a "click." When I put the base on, it fit into place, but doesn't make an audible click noise. There is also some movement in the base piece. It is locked, but it moves back and forth a bit when I test it to see if it is locked. Should there be an audible click? Should there be any movement at all once it is locked?

2. The headrest seems wobbly in two places. The right side seems to lock in, but the left side moves around and is wobbly. The black pieces that the headrest slides into are also loose themselves. Is this the way it is supposed to be?

3. I thought the seat could be installed RF at the second recline position for an older child, but I don't see that in the manual anywhere. Does it need to be installed at recline level 3? My child is 4 yrs old, 38lbs, a little over 41 inches tall.

4. Considering his size, I bought this seat to try to RF at least until he is 5 and hopefully longer (he grew out of his other seat) and then have a great FF seat when that time comes. Did I choose the right seat for this purpose? I saw that there is a new Clek seat, but I don't know if that would have been better for our use.

ADS

sunnymw

1. I never heard an audible click when I attached mine. IIRC, it moved a hair, but when it came time to actually REMOVE the thing, I had a heck of a time doing so.

2. That's what my headrest does. Like the mechanism that stops and adjusts it is only on one side.

3. I would call to confirm yourself, but I was told that it could be used in position 2 and that the change was retroactive (so it was not listed in my manual either--and neither was the "one lockoff or neither").

4. Yes, this seat is great for that. Depending on which one you have, you MAY need to order the longer 2-position crotch buckle (I have a 2013 Foonf and it had the shorter crotch buckle which is just about completely under my 3yo daughter). I haven't researched the Fllo a ton but it seems like it's a lower profile version of the Foonf.

Clek CPST

Hi and welcome to car-seat.org. I'll do my best to answer your questions:

1. It's normal for the base to not click when it is attached. In a few rare cases I have heard an audible click, but usually it just locks in to place. I'm not concerned about the slight wiggle you're describing as long as it's locked in place and not coming off.

2. It's normal for the headrest to only lock on one side. The headrest set-up is the same type of set up as what most vehicles use where one side locks in place and the other side moves along the track (or in this case the tubing.) If the black plastic piece that covers the headrest guides is loose, then it should be able to be snapped back on. Please feel free to get in touch with customer service at 1-866-656-2462 if you have concerns and want to talk to us. :)

3. Assuming that you're in the US, then you can install your Foonf at recline 2. We have a FAQ on our website that gives permission. It's located at http://clekinc.com/support/documents/clekus000057/ Please note that in some vehicles, you may find that you get a better fit in recline 3. Where you position the seat prior to tightening it will also make a difference in terms of how upright it installs.

4. The Fllo has the same amount of growing room in terms of shell height. Depending on your vehicle, it may possibly install more upright than the Foonf. Assuming you're in the US, then the anti-rebound bar is optional on the Fllo, so that could give a bit of extra front seat space if you happened to need it in your vehicle.

The Foonf and Fllo are both nice seats and I don't think you can go wrong with either one. We have some comparison info on the 2 seats on our website, or you're always welcome to contact customer service and we'll be happy to help you out and answer any questions you may have.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC