Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

High back booster options for tall kids

My son is 50 lbs and 45 inches tall with a long torso. He has been using a Evenflo Maestro in our extra vehicle in booster mode, but seems to be too tall now (his shoulder is now above where the seatbelt comes through under the head support). What are the less expensive options for taller high-back boosters? This is for our extra vehicle and used only around our small town, so I don't want to spend too much on it. I don't think he's big enough for a backless booster. He uses a Britax Frontier in our main vehicle and I love how tall that one goes, but it's also very expensive and we really can't spend too much for this extra vehicle that we drive around at no more than 30 mph around town. Thank you for any input you can provide.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: High back booster options for tall kids

Hi there. How old is he?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

I believe the least expensive tall booster is the Cosco Pronto (Will need headrest behind it). Britax Parkway is another taller booster that's a little more $ but doesn't require head support behind it and offers some other benefits like ability to LATCH it in and the Secure Guard clip.
    If you end up purchasing one feel free to post a pic and we can let you know of the fit is good.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
    Michelle

My daughter is tall too (5.5 years and 48 inches tall) and I just got her the Britax Parkway SGL, fits her perfect! I got it last week on diapers.com for 20% off. So it's normally 128 but I got it for 108 with the code THOUSANDS. I think they might also be doing a 15OFF code right now. I hope it still works! If you find out about a cheaper one you might be able to use the same code for it. HTH!
    Haley C.
    Mom to Allison 4/09 Britax Parkway SGL, Will 4/11 Britax Frontier 90, and Samuel 4/14 RF Peg Perego PV Convertible