Squeaky Pioneer

perrymelis

Does anyone have an issue with their Britax Pioneer/Frontier/Pinnacle headpiece squeaking? Our Pioneer is out of control. Major squeaking when car is in motion. It has a rock solid install in our 2012 Odyssey. I know it is coming from the foam in the headpiece. They replaced the entire seat already (last month) and the new seat squeaks too! I have found a few cases online and the recommendation was to duct tape the foam to the headpiece plastic.

I am going to need a harness booster for ds #2 who has super long torso, and obvious choice was to buy a Frontier. I'm just not sure I can handle another squeaky seat:/ Any other suggestions for a super long torso kiddo? I might be able to keep him in his 2011 Boulevard 70 till spring at best and that's pushing it.

ADS

MotoMommaNH

FR90 in our 2014 Odyssey. The headrest rattles when DS isn't in it but nothing that is super annoying to me.
No squeak tho

aeormsby

I'd probably try taping the foam. It's a pretty common recommendation to tape the foam back together if it cracks. I'd be a little annoyed with that problem though (never had any issues with the 2 Frontiers or other Britax seats we've had).

Have you tried any other changes? Like installing with the seatbelt if it's currently using latch? Or trying it in a different seating position? If it's done it with 2 different seats and I haven't heard of it being an issue before I'd wonder if it was install/vehicle specific.

perrymelis

It's installed w/latch right now in the third row and rock solid. So, I guess that's why I've been stumped. I didn't think to try the seatbelt yet b/c he's not 40 lbs. Good call. I did tape it, just haven't had the opportunity to try it out this weekend. The other complaints I saw were with a variety of vehicles, so I don't think that's the issue. Hopefully taping and using the seatbelt will work! We take many long road trips and it's pretty obnoxious😝

Snow mom

The squeaking and rattling of the headrest bothered me when we first got the frontier. The headrest can rattle around a bit because of the points of attachment with the front adjust. I'd classify it as a minor annoyance but not a safety issue or something I'd return the seat over. I know that it doesn't make the noise when my DD is in the seat and honestly I haven't heard it in a long time. I don't know if it stopped making noise or if I stopped paying attention. I know for me there is a vicious loop that the more something annoys me the more I notice it the more it annoys me...

Mine rattles a little. I'd probably just tape it. What really drove me bananas was the recline indicator on my RF MyRide65 rattling. Oh how I hated that noise.

perrymelis

Yes, a vicious loop for sure. We've had the seat since last Nov and I honestly thought it was the back gate of our van (which rattles a bit & Honda is researching a fix). Rattling I can handle. Not the squeaky foam though😒 A trip to FL was when it got really noisy and I realized it was the booster. Ever since then...nails on a chalkboard. Crossing fingers duct tape fix works.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC