About to check out the Click Tights!

Hazelandlucy

I am just so excited! Both my local baby stores have them in and said they are on display, although not sure if they have sellable inventory. But they said I could do whatever with them. I can't wait to sit my DDs in them and see the differences.

Just thought I would share as certainly no one in my "real life" cares, lol!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Report back after you check them out! So far I've sold a couple to moms/grandmas that need to move them a LOT and don't like fiddling with LATCH or pulling seatbelts tight. :dance: (even people who come in to the store looking for WAY cheaper seats! One grandma thought she was looking for a $40 Roundabout and bought a $369 BVCT :D)

cso1997

Can't wait to hear! I haven't been this excited about a seat in a long time. I am so sick of the seats I have right now. I need something that a monkey could install everyday. I think this is going to fit the bill.

Hazelandlucy

I looked at the Boulevard and Marathon. I actually ended up at Babiesrus instead of BBB so they were the memory foam exclusive seats, which feel exactly the same to me as the regular. The fabric on the Blakeny BLVD was quite scratchy and rough.

The recline is really cool and easy with the bubble. It's super smooth to use and a huge range both FF and RF positions. The harness and headrest are incredibly easy - it didn't seem like my G3 Britax with quite a bit of resistance (maybe something is wrong now that I tried the others). You just push an exposed button, no digging under the cover trying to find the lever. The headrest adjusts very smoothly with little effort or awkward squeezing.

One thing I noticed is the head wings are closer and quite rigid. I measured the width of the CT BLVD and the G4 BLVD headwings and I think they must be at least an inch closer. That's probably a safety improvement and the hardness must be the reinforcing that allows the RF past the shell.....so that's great...but more confining and less cushy than the G4.

Supposedly the new CT is 3 inches wider in the shoulder area, but I didn't really notice that so much. The leg room is the same for sure. It was interesting comparing the leg room of different seats using my arm and poor DD1. The Safety 1st Advanced Air 65 has a crazy amount - that is just a massive seat!

The Click Tight looks so easy to use. Anybody could do it. Part of me get nervous about not locking the belt - what if the click tight opens by accident - but I don't think that's a real world worry, just my neuroticism haha!

It is really heavy. I was thinking weight wouldn't matter if I put it in the stroller to fly with, but now I am a little concerned that it's going to be a big old pain lugging it around - and that's with DH doing it! By myself I just have no idea what I would do trying to get it and two kids down the airplane aisle. But all the light seats seem so hard for long night flights. I so wish the Coccoro was just a touch bigger so DD1 could use it too.

Overall to me it's easier than the G3 to adjust in all regards and I love all the recline options and the bubble. I wish it had more legroom to keep the big kids comfortable and I worry about those head wings being a nuisance especially to an older kid. But at the same time they do seem a lot more protective. That's my whole catch 22 - I want such a safe cocoon like the Nextfit, but then I find it hard to load my almost 3 yr old and think the Rainier looks awesome....and then I worry about the lack of sides! I can't win, lol.

I would love to see the Advocate and see if it really is the same width as the old Advocate (those cushions look much smaller) and if Limelight comes in a softer fabric.

Sorry to write so much.

Last edited:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Thanks for posting back! Funny you noticed the headwings. Gosh, there was a seat in 2003 that kids literally couldn't even fit their heads into it, Britax had to make an allowance to take out the comfort foam so kids wouldn't fold their ears forward (maybe crash test dummies don't have ears?). Oh, it was the Wizard, this is a side picture, but you can tell it's tight http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/TobyMA.aspx
And yeah, oooh lah lah it's heavy.
That's the one Safety 1st I love, mega legroom! It just barely fits in anyone's car (and if it fits front-to-back, people wonder if they will ever fit anything else next to it...it was great in an Expedition captain's chair, though, lol), so I tend to just walk right by it :eek:

Hazelandlucy

Thanks for posting back! Funny you noticed the headwings. Gosh, there was a seat in 2003 that kids literally couldn't even fit their heads into it, Britax had to make an allowance to take out the comfort foam so kids wouldn't fold their ears forward (maybe crash test dummies don't have ears?). Oh, it was the Wizard, this is a side picture, but you can tell it's tight http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/TobyMA.aspx
And yeah, oooh lah lah it's heavy.
That's the one Safety 1st I love, mega legroom! It just barely fits in anyone's car (and if it fits front-to-back, people wonder if they will ever fit anything else next to it...it was great in an Expedition captain's chair, though, lol), so I tend to just walk right by it :eek:

Am I right about the head wings? Do you think makes it safer or will it just be a nuisance to kids that like to look around?

Do you have any other colors in your store that have a softer cover?

teekadog

I remember the Wizard. I waited for the Blvds to come out instead.

Maplesmom, I'm with you on extended rearfacing: wanting to cocoon but needed more space for bigger kids. I see in your sig you have a foonf. Do you feel that's a good middle ground? I have a radian because my 5yo said the nextfit was too squished in comparison.

Hazelandlucy

I remember the Wizard. I waited for the Blvds to come out instead. Maplesmom, I'm with you on extended rearfacing: wanting to cocoon but needed more space for bigger kids. I see in your sig you have a foonf. Do you feel that's a good middle ground? I have a radian because my 5yo said the nextfit was too squished in comparison.

The Foonf is perfect for feeling protected and having lots of room. I love it as a seat that never leaves the car. But, the problem is I need one of my new convertibles to be travel friendly. The baby can use her Keyfit or CCO, but I need a seat that I can rear face a 2.9 yr old in that is super comfortable for long night flights, light/narrow, and easy to install in cars with a non locking seatbelt! We will be going overseas quite a bit.

I do feel like the Foonf is high to climb into. It's kind of a slow process if she does it herself. I am thinking of giving the baby the Foonf and the 2 yr old a Rainier so I can do preschool carline without annoying anyone. Nobody else rear faces and nervous what people will think of having a hoist her so high. Is the radian /rainier really easy loading? I am a bit intimated by all the install and angle adjuster talk!

But still need a good travel/permanent seat for the other car! Think the new britax might be too heavy and the old one might not last the taller baby long enough when she needs it. Plus I know it doesn't matter, but it pains me to look at DD1s legs and she is not tall...dd2 I can't even imagine.

teekadog

The Foonf is perfect for feeling protected and having lots of room. I love it as a seat that never leaves the car. But, the problem is I need one of my new convertibles to be travel friendly. The baby can use her Keyfit or CCO, but I need a seat that I can rear face a 2.9 yr old in that is super comfortable for long night flights, light/narrow, and easy to install in cars with a non locking seatbelt! We will be going overseas quite a bit.

I do feel like the Foonf is high to climb into. It's kind of a slow process if she does it herself. I am thinking of giving the baby the Foonf and the 2 yr old a Rainier so I can do preschool carline without annoying anyone. Nobody else rear faces and nervous what people will think of having a hoist her so high. Is the radian /rainier really easy loading? I am a bit intimated by all the install and angle adjuster talk!

But still need a good travel/permanent seat for the other car! Think the new britax might be too heavy and the old one might not last the taller baby long enough when she needs it. Plus I know it doesn't matter, but it pains me to look at DD1s legs and she is not tall...dd2 I can't even imagine.

My Radian is ridiculously easy for loading and unloading- in comparison to the higher-sided convertibles I've owned (coccoro, marathons, evenflos). Still not breezy because of the uncooperative toddler and digging out of harness straps, but I've always meant to get some of those magnetic hand clips...

We've flown once with it. I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to travel with but that could have been because dh was carrying it. Weight doesn't bother him but he hated carrying "bulky" convertibles (evenflos, sceneras) through airports. So it was nice to travel without him complaining lol

SavsMom

I'm still bummed about the leg room. The lack of it in the classic marathon made it hard to load dd. I have ds in a Graco Size4Me now and honestly will probably move it to a back up and get a Fllo.

Hazelandlucy

I saw many more today. The fabric on the Kaleidoscope is really nice, kind of reminded me of the Pria. The Verve color on the Marathon is also nice, very soft and more like a t shirt. The Twilight cover was the rough kind again.

I also noticed the harness covers are way nicer. Really plush without being cumbersome.

The pillows on the Advocate are completely different. They are much harder with no "give" and much thinner. Kind of a pebbly texture.

Wow those seats are heavy! I swear they weigh as much as the Foonf no matter what the official weight is.

Kappy

Senior Community Member
I got to get my hands on a Boulevard click tight today! Straight from the Britax booth at MommyCon in Philadelphia. Needless to say, I'm impressed. The installation with click tight is SO easy. It was a little annoying routing the belt through the belt path, but I also think that had a lot to do with the flimsy webbing on the demo vehicle seat. I could see a thicker webbing being much easier to route through.

The harness adjuster was SUPER smooth. Very little effort was needed to tighten or loosen the harness, and the click tight won't be super easy for a child to undo. It takes a good amount of pressure to twist the CT lock.

I will be buying one for my daughter most likely. I'm very pleased with what I got to play with.

Hazelandlucy

I wonder if they are easy for a toddler to climb into. I left my daughter's stuffed animal at BBB the other day so I might swing by there today and see if I can put one in my car. That way I can really compare the leg room to the G3 and Foonf and see how easy it is to load.

I noticed they are not saying the Advocate side cushions reduce crash force by 45% anymore.

Hazelandlucy

I put the CT in my car and DD1 tried it out. The leg room really wasn't that bad! For some reason I feel like she looked less cramped than in the G3. I don't know that loading is all the much easier because of how far forward the shell curves though.

I also tried the Rainier. I took pictures of her sitting in both seats from the side and I still can't get over the openness of the Rainier. I couldn't see her face or upper body in the Britax with that deep shell, but everything was exposed in the Rainier. I just don't understand how that provides SIP from vehicle intrusion?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC