IHOP (Radian chest clip)

Splash

Regarding an alternate chest clip - While I really can’t see that using a different chest clip would undermine Radian’s performance, I can’t actually confirm/authorize you to integrate another company’s component into our seat. I am sure you can appreciate that this has to be our position.

Sent to me in email today. Nice.

ADS

arly1983

Unfortunity, its all in who you talk to.

I have one person at Recaro who still swears you MUST use the headwings in the lowest two settings no matter what whereas another says it is optional.

There is one CSR at Britax who says it is ok to use a custom made cover.

I have emailed SKJP and they said the IMMI chest clip was ok to use and got it in writing.

Its all in who you talk to.

Splash

Russ. Always Russ. I wouldn't even know who else TO talk to.

Frankly, I don't care about "in writing." In writing won't unhurt or unkill my kid. I want to know that it has actually been proven okay. Because I feel more comfortable completely foregoing a chest clip than using an unapproved one...

Morganthe

Ummm, I believe I said a couple of days ago, something like "Russ waffles more than IHOP". :eek:

Seems like he's at it again. :rolleyes:
Although, it appears that the lawyers have been at work on him to protect SKJP from a possible company-destroying lawsuit. I recognize the lingo. ;)

I'm pretty sure that he can't come right out and say -- "It's a stupid piece of plastic that does nothing in an actual accident to protect your child from harm and makes sure that lazy parents are certain to at least have harnesses somewhere on their kids' torso areas instead of down their arms!" :whistle:

arly1983

I'm pretty sure that he can't come right out and say -- "It's a stupid piece of plastic that does nothing in an actual accident to protect your child from harm and makes sure that lazy parents are certain to at least have harnesses somewhere on their kids' torso areas instead of down their arms!" :whistle:

Of course he is not going to say that. THen there would be no way to market the skjp chest clip "Lock-Tite"

Lock-Tite - High Performance Harness Clip

Patented Lock-Tite harness clip is curved for a correct infant fit , yet strong enough for an 80 lb child. Used on Radian car seats. For all harness webbing up to 1.5"/39mm. Made of nylon and crash tested.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
"It's a stupid piece of plastic that does nothing in an actual accident to protect your child from harm and makes sure that lazy parents are certain to at least have harnesses somewhere on their kids' torso areas instead of down their arms!" :whistle:

Can I put that in my signature? :love:

skipspin

Hmmmm, I LIKE the RN chest clip. DD can buckle and unbuckle herself and it doesn't slide down easily making it easier for her to get in her seat by herself. I know, I'm the only one that does seem to like it, so maybe I'm just weird.

I have to laugh about the title, though. Very good. I'm going to have to remember that one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC