Question Are bubblebum and incognito the only armless LBB?

ADS

Athena

Anyone? It's for a tight 3 across for which booster arms make it almost impossible to buckle. I remember there being at least one armless HBB, but it was too expensive for occasional use. Is that right?

aeormsby

The old parkways didn't have armrests - maybe that's what you're thinking of?

In a tight 3-across the Bubblebum might work better. We don't have the Incognito, but from the dimensions it's wider than the BB. The BB is narrow enough to fit nicely in the center of our Mazda3 (which only has 8-9" between the seatbelt stalks).

Athena

Thanks for all the responses! So now it's just those two being sold in the US, right?

The old parkways didn't have armrests - maybe that's what you're thinking of?

In a tight 3-across the Bubblebum might work better. We don't have the Incognito, but from the dimensions it's wider than the BB. The BB is narrow enough to fit nicely in the center of our Mazda3 (which only has 8-9" between the seatbelt stalks).

How long ago was that? We have a couple newer parkways and I can't imagine them without arm rests.

The bubble bum definitely fits that tight spot well. I worry the short seat won't work well for some friends with longer legs, so I wondered if there was another option. I'm just now realizing how great an armless booster is.

Athena

Would one with flip up armrests work at all, or is that still too cumbersome?

If it fit okay other than the buckling and flipping it up during buckling made that doable, then yes, I do think that would help a lot. I'm trying to put 3 boosters together and when I finally figured out some options that sort of fit, then I realized it was impossible to buckle. Oops! I can fit and buckle PKWY + BB + incognito. Maybe I should just go with that, but I wish I had other options for kids who don't fit the BB well. We also have an RSTV, size small, so a younger kid could use that, so I guess it's just the leggy/ bigger kids we have to accommodate, then (I think) we'll be covered. Does that sound right?

rachelandtyke

I have not used one of these, but remember discussions about them. The Evenflo Big Kid and Safety 1st Boost Air Protect both have flip arm rests I think.

momtoo3

Some of the evenflo big kids have flip up arm rests. I think they are the "dlx" version. The big kid sport does not.

I have found that the Cosco HiRise/Ambassador (same seat different names) works really well for three across. It is narrow and even more narrow at the back where you buckle plus the armrests are high so it is easy to fit a hand in to buckle. It fits both my 42 lb 6 yr old and my 77 lb 9 yr old great. They are also inexpensive.

Athena

I have not used one of these, but remember discussions about them. The Evenflo Big Kid and Safety 1st Boost Air Protect both have flip arm rests I think.

Some of the evenflo big kids have flip up arm rests. I think they are the "dlx" version. The big kid sport does not.

I have found that the Cosco HiRise/Ambassador (same seat different names) works really well for three across. It is narrow and even more narrow at the back where you buckle plus the armrests are high so it is easy to fit a hand in to buckle. It fits both my 42 lb 6 yr old and my 77 lb 9 yr old great. They are also inexpensive.

Thank you! Unfortunately, I think the external width is too large on these. I have both problems, needing extreme narrowness and buckling access. Maybe my current solution is the best I'll find. I just wish I had seat options with greater flexibility to fit a wider range of kids.

momtoo3

I'm not sure what vehicle you are trying to fit it all in but I can get HiRise/convertible/HiRise in the third row of my 03 caravan which is narrow between the wheel wells. I've never tried a booster in the middle of the two because I only have a lap belt there. I used to have a parkway and I think it would have worked.

sunnymw

FWIW Jake finds an RSTV way easier to unbuckle and buckle than the bubble bum (so now I have a bubble bum just sitting in my trunk)

Athena

I'm not sure what vehicle you are trying to fit it all in but I can get HiRise/convertible/HiRise in the third row of my 03 caravan which is narrow between the wheel wells. I've never tried a booster in the middle of the two because I only have a lap belt there. I used to have a parkway and I think it would have worked.

Our middle spot is about 10 inches between the lap anchor points. The cosco top side sort of fits there because it cuts in under the arm rests, but it's nearly impossible to fit your hand to buckle and the fit next to the PKWY is iffy. It requires the PKWY to be pushed outward a bit towards the wheelwell to barely fit and I'm not sure that's okay to do.

FWIW Jake finds an RSTV way easier to unbuckle and buckle than the bubble bum (so now I have a bubble bum just sitting in my trunk)

Did I mention we have an RSTV and I do like it and I consider a great option for that middle seating spot, but it's a small and we're getting to the age that a lot of kids are too big it. My LO will be too big for it soon. :( So I'm just trying to make sure I've explored all my options.

Do you find most parents are okay with their kid riding in your cars in the bubble bum?

momtoo3

I can measure the back of the HiRise tomorrow. It is narrower in the back and was way easier than the topside we had.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC