Honda Fit vs. Civic

Juliana

Hello,

I need to buy a new (or new to me) car soon, and I'd like to buy a small Honda. I have a 2yo RF in a Radian, and a baby due in April who will eventually be in a RF convertible, I guess.

Does anyone have a preference between the Fit and the Civic in terms of fitting RF seats? I don't know whether it will be a new car or a car anywhere up to eight or so years old. (But if this is an important difference in terms of fitting the seats, please advise.)

Thank you!
Juli

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I have a Civic (eight years old) and haven't any issues installing any rear-facing seats in my car.

My former co-worker has a Fit and was successful in getting most seats into her car, but it was a little more challenging (still do-able, though).

Do you have a budget in mind?

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
I have a Fit, and would lean towards the Civic if there's two car seats in there. The Civic's back seat is quite a bit roomier, whereas the Fit is pretty tight on legroom, especially with taller passengers. That translates to not a whole lot of room for a RF seat, but we've had tons of reports of successful installs. Just be aware that pressure on the front passenger seat back can trigger errors with the airbag sensors.

The newest Fits have more rear legroom, so hopefully it's not as tight anymore :) Can't beat the utility and MPG of those little guys!

rew829

We have two civics. Easier to install in the 2012, compared to our 05. We are tall. RF behind the driver is not an option in either car. And it's no recline for the passenger. Otherwise, with the right seats I can fit 3 across. Newer ones are more roomy making any install easier.

Juliana

I have a Civic (eight years old) and haven't any issues installing any rear-facing seats in my car.

My former co-worker has a Fit and was successful in getting most seats into her car, but it was a little more challenging (still do-able, though).

Do you have a budget in mind?

Patriot, my budget is flexible in the sense that while I would probably prefer to buy an older Civic or Fit, I would consider newer models if the difference in fitting car seats would be substantial. Why do you ask?

Thanks!
Juli

Juliana

Just asking so we can help you figure out which car might get you the best "bang for your buck." :)

Thanks! I guess I feel that they're both within my budget-- the main factor will probably which fits my RF car seats the best. I was sort of leaning toward the Fit, but it sounds like I'll have a better time with the car seats in a Civic. Although maybe a late-model Fit will work...

Probably what I should do is take my seat with me to the dealer and see how it fits!

Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC