Glider Board Compatibility with BJ Summit X3

aporthole

We have a BJ City Mini. I have always wanted the glider board but all the reviews pretty much state that the BJ Glider Board is basically useless on the City Mini.

Last week at Disney World we rented the Summit X3 double and it was AMAZING!

I want to sell my 5.5 year old City Mini and get a Summit X3 single as our primary stroller. The push of the X3 double with our 5 year old and 2.5 year old was WAY easier than our City Mini single with just 1 kid in it. What I really want to know is whether the BJ Glider Board works well with the Summit X3 from a real life, real user perspective. Officially it is compatible, but so is the City Mini. I'm having a hard time finding any reviews specifically with the X3 so if ANYONE knows whether it works, I'd love to know. For every day life we don't need a double stroller and would not be interested in buying a double stroller, but having the option of the Glider Board would be really nice with #3 coming in March when oldest is 6, middle will be 3 and then newborn.

Just as background, I babywear my squishies 99% of the time and we've never used a stroller as a travel system with the car seat (baby gets worn or put directly in the reclined stroller).

ADS

YinzerMama

No experience with this stroller and a glider board but I have the single x3 and LOVE it. Sold my bob for it. Much better stroller for big kids + a better basket + it was just nice to have a new color (I got green)

I have used a glider board with a Valco though and I don't know how they compare but I found a glider board to be a total pain in the rump. It really cramps your walking style - you either have a kid in your armpit or you're kicking a board. The one thing about the BJ that I don't like is a kid can't sit on the nose like they did on the bob - it's possible to sit there but since that front wheel has a shock I feel like it is a bad idea from the stroller's point of view. But I don't feel like we really missed that much this summer when we were out for a long day. When I had a double bob, 2 kids would ride, one would use the nose - with a single bob one rode, one used the nose, and I wore one - with the BJ even for a long day I'd wear the smallest, let one twin ride and the other walk. One of my twins is lazy and the other is a tiny tornado so we didn't have a lot of issues. I'd really just baby wear and rotate given the oldest will be 6. The gliders are really a pain IMO.

eta - I misread - you are thinking of getting the SINGLE. I was thinking you were getting the double. It might be worth the annoyance in that situation... but I'd wait until you thought you needed it to buy it. Great stroller choice at any rate :) FWIW I managed to rarely use a double for my first 2 years with twins so with a walking 6yo, a 3ish and a newb, I think you can get by with a single if you want. I only liked a good double for looooooong days out or exercise.

Last edited:

Keeanh

It should work. As far as I've seen, all Baby Joggers use the same rear bar. What I dislike about the Baby Jogger setup is that you can't push the glider board all the way to one side and walk on the other. The space where you can attach the board is basically right in the middle. Also, Baby Jogger handles are too short for a child to get their head up between the stroller & the handle.

I'm trying out a Bob Revolution Duallie + Mountain Buggy Freerider combo. I'm hoping I can put the board right over to the side so I can walk beside it. Also, there's enough room for the child to put their head up inside the handle so they're even more out of the way (hopefully).

Brie

I have an X3 and love it! I did initially order the glider board to go with it and I didn't care for how it fit. The angle of the back on the X3 made it so the child on the glider board had to lean back and my son was tall enough that he hit the handle bar and there isn't enough room to go between handle bar and back of stroller. I have found though that for short times I can have a child ride in the footwell comfortably just if they need a break. HTH :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC