Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Guest323

Angry Diono Angle Adjuster OOS??

Does anyone know where to buy one of the Diono Angle Adjusters?? They are OOS or backordered for months everywhere I can find. So frustrating!! My 21 month old son is currently RF in an expired Britax Marathon (exp 08/2014) and I have a brand new Radian sitting here, not able to be used. I can't get it installed in my Accord RF and still be able to sit in the front seat. I don't understand how a piece of foam can just go out of stock when it's needed for many installs (and there are threads about them being back-ordered from last year too!). Can anything else be put under the seat in the meantime so my son isn't riding in an expired seat? Not sure which is the better option : expired seat or make-shift angle adjuster. Grr Diono!!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Diono Angle Adjuster OOS??

Have you called local stores? I found mine at a local children's store. it seemed to be the only one they had in stock. I would call all stores that sell car seats and all 'high end' children's specialty stores in your area to find one.

Also, call Diono directly and explain your situation.

Guest323

Angry Re: Diono Angle Adjuster OOS??

I called Diono. No help. "They're currently backordered." (Ya don't say?!) Ugh. There are two local stores listed on their website within 50 miles of me (and I live in Houston). One has closed down and the other is a children's thrift/consignment shop so doubt they carry those (and they wouldn't answer their phone all afternoon anyway to ask).

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

They'll be back in stock shortly. They announced last week they were receiving the next shipment soon.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Guest323

Good to know! Thanks (Now why couldn't they have just told me that on the phone??)

Unregistered

Just curious if you've been able to get an angle adjuster yet. I've seen reports that they are being shipped out to retailers and just heard the same from Diono today. Yet, I still can't find any in stock.

Also to vent... I'm replacing a diono that was involved in an accident (unoccupied) and I can't get a straight answer on whether or not the angle adjuster needs to be replaced. Diono says "it's up to you. If its dented then you might want to replace it." What???? Why don't you have a recommendation on when to replace your product? I told them that my aa has an impression of the seat from normal use but all of them have that. It is foam after all. All that they would say is "it's up to you. If its dented then you might want to replace it." Disappointed.