Graco Headwise on a Plane?

U

Unregistered

My 9-month-old rides in a Graco Headwise 70, and I'm wondering if we can take it on a plane. I'm guessing no because I can't find any mention of flying in the user's manual.

We need to buy a second carseat for my parents' car, so if our Headwise won't work on the plane, I'd like to get something that would work for air travel. Any recommendations?

ADS

cantabdad

I found a copy of the owner's manual on Graco's website, and it notes (p.55) that it is approved for aircraft use. You should be fine.

It is not the smallest or lightest carseat out there, but it should fit on most planes. If you search this site for the "Successful Airplane Install Thread" there is at least one instance of using this seat (actually its "twin," the Graco Size4Me) rear-facing on an aircraft without any issues.

If you prefer to have a lighter, more portable seat for travel and your parents' car, the Combi Coccoro is often recommended, though it has relatively low height/weight limits and thus might be better for a child who is on the smaller side. I personally also like the Britax Roundabout for travel and easy installation, though it is not nearly as light.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC