News Forumrunner Car-Seat.Org App Ending - Please use Tapatalk

DabOfLoven

Re: Tapatalk Mobile App Test + Forumrunner App Ending

I'm on Android, and don't see that option in my settings. Oh well.
Click the orange t in the top left corner till you get to the 3 lines. Click the 3 lines to get to the menu then look in the right top corner and click on the gears. Then go down to "loading behavior"and select the setting you want. If you can't figure it out let me know and I'll do screen shots.

My phone has a mind of its own, if you're seeing this I'm on it. Sent from Tapatalk.

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador

Thanks, but that didn't get it. It shows the preview of the last post and poster. Just takes me to the first post when I open the thread.

83036e9f835a9fcbf2520a1b2d2bd01f.jpg

purplemama

I have a first gen kindle fire and it tells me my device is incompatible with the tapatalk app. :( So I guess all my cso activity will be from my laptop. Bummer.

sirrahn

I have a first gen kindle fire and it tells me my device is incompatible with the tapatalk app. :( So I guess all my cso activity will be from my laptop. Bummer.

You might look for an apk for Tapatalk 2 if you know how to side load (admittedly I get my 14yr old to do it for me:p). I'm pretty sure that will work on your Kindle.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Tapatalk Mobile App Test + Forumrunner App Ending

Obviously I've tried what "the others described." I get this, and it's not the same.

It wasn't obvious to me. You didn't post a screenshot until now, nor did you give any details about what options you did have.

Have you tried the "join" link to see what that does?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

The forumrunner app will continue at least until the end of 2014 and possibly longer.

It won't be updated, so if you upgrade to iOS8 or Android 4.4+, you may have compatibility issues. Granted, it hasn't been updated since early 2013, so not much changing there.

At some time in 2015, you will no longer be able to download it from iTunes or Play Store.

At some time in 2015, Push Notifications will no longer work.

If you already have the app downloaded, it may continue to work fine well into 2015 if you don't upgrade to a newer mobile operating system, but I can't guarantee that obviously. Hopefully long enough for Tapatalk to recognize the issues with devices like Kindle Fire.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

Ok, here's another issue. Now every time I open car-seat.org on my browser (Safari, ipad) a giant full-screen ad for Tapatalk pops up, trying to get me to install the app. I don't plan on using Tapatalk on my ipad (just phone, if at all) and I really don't want to see this ad every time I go to the website. How do I get rid of it permanently? (Darren, I'm not assuming this is a CSO issue. Just hoping someone knows. Techno???)

ETA: Ok, maybe it's not doing it all the time. I swear it's happened more than once, but that could have been once on my phone and once on my ipad. I've tried opening the page a few more times and it hasn't done it again, so maybe that's it.

This is likely a cookie issue. It should be permanent on each device, but would appear again on another device. If you ever clear cookies, it will probably appear again.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

Thanks- I'll look into that tomorrow if I have time!

I don't see any photo options in my control panel, but I will investigate further later this week.

You may get lucky, if you don't update to the latest Android or iOS, the current Forumrunner app may continue to work past the end of the year for some time:)

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

I found the image setting. It wasn't in the forum software options, but rather in the Tapatalk online options. It is basically "On" or "Off". Some information can be found here:

https://blog.tapatalk.com/?p=714

DabOfLoven

Whenever I click a link in a post I get an annoying error with the Internet sometimes. When I hit reload it usually loads up just fine. Not sure if it's tapatalk or just my phone though.

193e0bb952af7453e459365702136f32.jpg

My phone has a mind of its own, if you're seeing this I'm on it. Sent from Tapatalk.

tmahanes

Whenever I click a link in a post I get an annoying error with the Internet sometimes. When I hit reload it usually loads up just fine. Not sure if it's tapatalk or just my phone though.

Mine may started doing this today!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus

I didn't read the instructions first and created my tapatalk account with the same username as CSO. How bad is that? Should I delete it and start over?

In other news, I really like this app so far. :)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I didn't read the instructions first and created my tapatalk account with the same username as CSO. How bad is that? Should I delete it and start over? In other news, I really like this app so far. :)

I don't think there's any inherent problem with it. Maybe just that some people don't like having the same username/password across applications? I forget whether I used the same one or not.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

As long as you have a different password it shouldn't be a problem.

DabOfLoven

Why am I no longer seeing the upper forums in the app?

sirrahn

Why am I no longer seeing the upper forums in the app?

I'm still seeing everything. Can you not get there through the browse menu?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC