News Forumrunner Car-Seat.Org App Ending - Please use Tapatalk

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Re: Tapatalk Mobile App Test + Forumrunner App Ending

No, it doesn't as far as I can tell. The link to my kitty photo starts with tapatalk.imageshack.com. I personally don't really care, and appreciate how simple it is to post straight from my phone gallery, but if it is an issue, there is the option to use your own link.

ETA FWIW I came across a thread on the tapatalk forums that seems to indicate that the method for adding photos may be something that can be changed in the admin settings.[/quote]

Thanks- I'll look into that tomorrow if I have time!

[QUOTE="TechnoGranola, post: 2160855, member: 1804"]Darren, unless a dedicated app gives you something like increased exposure/traffic and as such increased revenue, I'm not sure I'd spend $70 a month on a dedicated app.

Those who browse multiple forums will appreciate being able to use Tapatalk for more than one site and won't use a second, duplicate app. And those who just browse CSO can just have the one set up in Tapatalk.[/quote]

[QUOTE="sirrahn, post: 2160856, member: 78"]Yes! I'm loving having almost all my boards in one place now. I don't see any reason for a dedicated app.[/quote]

The cost of the current app is lower and I was able to recoup the cost with ads in previous years. This year I don't think it would break even since app use has declined. I doubt I would pay the $70 a month, either, especially since it requires me to maintain my own accounts and updates on iTunes and Play Store. But, it is possible. If there was a custom app, those who read multiple forums could still use the main Tapatalk app. The custom one would not override the unbranded one. That's my understanding, anyways.

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
No, it doesn't as far as I can tell. The link to my kitty photo starts with tapatalk.imageshack.com. I personally don't really care, and appreciate how simple it is to post straight from my phone gallery, but if it is an issue, there is the option to use your own

Thanks- I'll look into that tomorrow if I have time! The cost of the current app is lower and I was able to recoup the cost with ads in previous years. This year I don't think it would break even since app use has declined. I doubt I would pay the $70 a month, either, especially since it requires me to maintain my own accounts and updates on iTunes and Play Store. But, it is possible. If there was a custom app, those who read multiple forums could still use the main Tapatalk app. The custom one would not override the unbranded one. That's my understanding, anyways.

FWIW, I don't know if it's an issue from people posting from Tapatalk or an issue with the current app (possibly because of ios8) but with these two posts, all I saw were the bits that had been quoted. To see the actual responses, I had to click on the post itself.

I've also noticed some weird things like "emoji4" over the past couple days. I've assumed that Tapatalk uses different smilies that aren't compatible with the current app, but I dunno.

sirrahn

FWIW, I don't know if it's an issue from people posting from Tapatalk or an issue with the current app (possibly because of ios8) but with these two posts, all I saw were the bits that had been quoted. To see the actual responses, I had to click on the post itself.

I've also noticed some weird things like "emoji4" over the past couple days. I've assumed that Tapatalk uses different smilies that aren't compatible with the current app, but I dunno.

FWIW I posted that from my laptop not Tapatalk. And yes Tapatalk has it's own smilies. I don't quite remember, but the old app didn't have any did it? (Yeah I already uninstalled it :p)

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

My posts are also from a desktop/notebook. I rarely post from my phone. I don't know how all of you deal with the tiny screens and annoying "keyboards";-) I need new glasses!

Keeyamah

FWIW I posted that from my laptop not Tapatalk. And yes Tapatalk has it's own smilies. I don't quite remember, but the old app didn't have any did it? (Yeah I already uninstalled it :p)

You can kinda "force" the app (which I'm almost always on) to do the smilies if you remember them like : yeahthat : but without the spaces and it comes out correct :).

DabOfLoven

Is there a way to see subscribed threads?
Android or Apple?

On Android I click the orange t in the top left corner until 3 lines appear then click that and select subscribed.

My phone has a mind of its own, if you're seeing this I'm on it. Sent from Tapatalk.

DabOfLoven

iPhone
I'm not seeing the option.
Not sure on iPhone. I know there are some differences. Hopefully someone can point you towards it.

My phone has a mind of its own, if you're seeing this I'm on it. Sent from Tapatalk.

sirrahn

Has anybody figured out how to change the preview on threads to the first post? I sometimes identify threads by the OP and that doesn't show in my current view

If you navigate through the browse menu option, I'm pretty sure it shows the OP in the preview. Unread and Timeline show the most recent. I guess I should add that I'm using Android. I have no idea if it's the same on iOS.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador

Is there a way to see subscribed threads?

Yes it's as the others described. Go to the main CSO page, tap the 3 lines at the top left and subscribed is in that list. You can reorder the list by tapping Edit at the top right.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador

Has anybody figured out how to change the preview on threads to the first post? I sometimes identify threads by the OP and that doesn't show in my current view

If you're using iOS, tap the settings at bottom right and try change the setting for "Read Order" to oldest post. That might do what you want.

Keeks64

Anyone know how to quote or multi quote? Or is that the quick reply option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Tapatalk Mobile App Test + Forumrunner App Ending

If you're using iOS, tap the top of a post and a bar will come up with the Quote option. Tapping More will give you a muti-quote option. If you're multi-quoting, go and tap more posts to select them. After you've selected all the posts you want to quote, tap the quote bubble at the top right of the screen.

sirrahn

If you're using iOS, tap the top of a post and a bar will come up with the Quote option. Tapping More will give you a muti-quote option. If you're multi-quoting, go and tap more posts to select them. After you've selected all the posts you want to quote, tap the quote bubble at the top right of the screen.

For android you just have to tap the posts. Then an icon pops up top that looks like a thought bubble. Touch that to start your post.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

DabOfLoven

For android you just have to tap the posts. Then an icon pops up top that looks like a thought bubble. Touch that to start your post.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
I just figured that out by accident lol. I knew how to do 1 but not multi

Keeks64

Ah! There we go lol

Thank you :)

thekatie

I just saw this thread when I tried to create a post and couldn't. Came here to see if it was a known issue. So, I'm on Tapatalk now. Hate the look. Am glad I was finally able to unsubscribe to some old threads haha! Here's hoping we all get used to it quickly. It's not bad really, but it's totally different and I hate change :-/

lgenne

I just saw this thread when I tried to create a post and couldn't. Came here to see if it was a known issue. So, I'm on Tapatalk now. Hate the look. Am glad I was finally able to unsubscribe to some old threads haha! Here's hoping we all get used to it quickly. It's not bad really, but it's totally different and I hate change :-/

I hated the look too. I switched to the alternate theme and it's less awful. Not great, but ok.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC