News Forumrunner Car-Seat.Org App Ending - Please use Tapatalk

DabOfLoven

Re: Tapatalk Mobile App Test + Forumrunner App Ending

I just downloaded and am using it now. Seems very easy to me. I'll use it a while and post back. I do like the quick reply at the bottom of the thread.
I loved it once I figured out how to delete all the other boards it added with mine. [emoji166] [emoji191]

My phone has a mind of its own, if you're seeing this I'm on it. Sent from Tapatalk.

ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

I loved it once I figured out how to delete all the other boards it added with mine. [emoji166] [emoji191]

My phone has a mind of its own, if you're seeing this I'm on it. Sent from Tapatalk.

Yeah I had a few totally unrelated boards added by default. For those who want to remove them, you have to hold down on the unwanted forums to highlight them. Then touch the trash can on the top right of the Forums page. At least that's how it works in Android.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Not sure if it works that way on iOS, but I just hit edit, checked the ones I didn't want, then hit delete...or something along those lines.

It gave me poker stuff. :confused:

DabOfLoven

One plus I'm loving is being able to see pics that are posted more than once. In the old app, if I looked at a post then wanted to come back and see the pics again they would be blank boxes. It's also really handy to be able to zoom in on pics.

sirrahn

Taptalk also makes it very easy to add pics from your phone. My cute kitty just because.....

8c07ee2575a15c062a5b5d9e57e1d7ba.jpg

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

DabOfLoven

Taptalk also makes it very easy to add pics from your phone. My cute kitty just because.....

ebc80642a8ea6cd9ffe5496ba9e1bbf7.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1411483344166.jpg

I have one of those too

Does the pictures put on tapatalk go towards the quota as well? Or are they saved somewhere different?

DabOfLoven

I think they go to imageshack so they shouldn't count.

Does that mean that others can search and see them on the open net? Like even pictures posted in the upper levels?

thepote

Does that mean that others can search and see them on the open net? Like even pictures posted in the upper levels? My phone has a mind of its own, if you're seeing this I'm on it. Sent from Tapatalk.

Oh, that's a good point. Do we have the same privacy protections in tapatalk? (No google access to upper levels, etc.)

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

Does that mean that others can search and see them on the open net? Like even pictures posted in the upper levels?

If Tapatalk uploaded photos use their own photo hosting, then they may not be subject to forum privacy rules. Visitors and unregistered guests cannot see any photos that are uploaded directly to the forum system. Those posted in private forums can only be seen by members with appropriate access. If tapatalk uses their own storage system, like a flickr or photobucket, then it would be the same as if you hosted your own images at your own service. It would depend entirely on the settings at that service which would not be under the control of Car-Seat.Org.

Perhaps someone would be willing to test this?

Oh, that's a good point. Do we have the same privacy protections in tapatalk? (No google access to upper levels, etc.)

All other privacy rules should be enforced as tapatalk inherits everything from the forum system. If you observe otherwise, please report it here ASAP, as that is an important part of this test!

DabOfLoven

I'll do some poking around tonight when I get on my computer and see what I can find. I'm really enjoying the app.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

I logged out and was still able to see the kitty photo. So, assume that photos uploaded via Tapatalk are in the public domain and anyone can see them and they will be indexed by search engines as well.

Does Tapatalk give you the power to remove your own photos as well?

DabOfLoven

I logged out and was still able to see the kitty photo. So, assume that photos uploaded via Tapatalk are in the public domain and anyone can see them and they will be indexed by search engines as well.

This is an open forum here isn't it? I'm more worried about the pictures that get posted of kids and what not upstairs.

DabOfLoven

Okay, I signed out and I could only see posts from the public forums which includes this one.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Ok, here's another issue. Now every time I open car-seat.org on my browser (Safari, ipad) a giant full-screen ad for Tapatalk pops up, trying to get me to install the app. I don't plan on using Tapatalk on my ipad (just phone, if at all) and I really don't want to see this ad every time I go to the website. How do I get rid of it permanently? (Darren, I'm not assuming this is a CSO issue. Just hoping someone knows. Techno???)

ETA: Ok, maybe it's not doing it all the time. I swear it's happened more than once, but that could have been once on my phone and once on my ipad. I've tried opening the page a few more times and it hasn't done it again, so maybe that's it.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

This is an open forum here isn't it? I'm more worried about the pictures that get posted of kids and what not upstairs.

Yes, this forum is available to the public, but if you uploaded a photo using the forum system, it still would not be visible within your post because all photos uploaded to Car-Seat.Org are protected.

If you posted in this forum and used your own image hosting or Tapatalk's image hosting, then it would be subject to the privacy settings at that service.

If you posted in a private community forum here, then it would not be directly visible to the public of course, but search engines may still find it if it is open to the public, as Tapatalk's image server presumably is. Someone could find the photo indirectly, though it is unlikely.

sirrahn

No, it doesn't as far as I can tell. The link to my kitty photo starts with tapatalk.imageshack.com. I personally don't really care, and appreciate how simple it is to post straight from my phone gallery, but if it is an issue, there is the option to use your own link.

ETA FWIW I came across a thread on the tapatalk forums that seems to indicate that the method for adding photos may be something that can be changed in the admin settings.

jess71903

Ambassador

Has anybody figured out how to change the preview on threads to the first post? I sometimes identify threads by the OP and that doesn't show in my current view

Last edited:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Tapatalk Mobile App Test + Forumrunner App Ending

Darren, unless a dedicated app gives you something like increased exposure/traffic and as such increased revenue, I'm not sure I'd spend $70 a month on a dedicated app.

Those who browse multiple forums will appreciate being able to use Tapatalk for more than one site and won't use a second, duplicate app. And those who just browse CSO can just have the one set up in Tapatalk.

sirrahn

Darren, unless a dedicated app gives you something like increased exposure/traffic and as such increased revenue, I'm not sure I'd spend $70 a month on a dedicated app.

Those who browse multiple forums will appreciate being able to use Tapatalk for more than one site and won't use a second, duplicate app. And those who just browse CSO can just have the one set up in Tapatalk.

Yes! I'm loving having almost all my boards in one place now. I don't see any reason for a dedicated app.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC