News Forumrunner Car-Seat.Org App Ending - Please use Tapatalk

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Re: Tapatalk Mobile App Test + Forumrunner App Ending

It's an iOS app that let's you test alpha/beta version of other apps that aren't yet in the App Store.

Yes, wss!

I have never used it before, nor even heard of it. Was a snap to download, then I dl the special beta version of Tapatalk. Icon for TT looks normal but there's an orange dot next to it.

And so far, no bugs! This is a new record, usually in an average 8 hour day I lose CMC and SCM several times...but not today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician

Two days of use, no issues!

Trying to figure out how I tell TT to please release this for the rest of you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

Tapatalk server plugin was updated to version 4.9 earlier today.

This should not cause any changes or other issues, but please report any problems here.

If you have an older version of the Android/Apple app, you may need to update if there are compatibility issues.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

Tapatalk was updated on the server today for a bug fix. Please report if you observe any unusual issues. I do not believe there is an app update at this time.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

Tapatalk was just updated to the latest forum version (4.10.1).

Reports are that the newest iOS 9 has additional incompatibility issues with the original Car-Seat.Org (Forumrunner) app. I recommend that all users plan to move to Tapatalk before the end of 2015 if at all possible. You may also use the "SmartPhone & Mobile Friendly" skin in a mobile browser like Chrome or Safari:

http://www.car-seat.org/?styleid=66

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

Tapatalk was updated to the latest version, with various bug fixes and updates.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

I have updated to the latest forum Tapatalk plugin.

Unfortunately, the tapatalk app download pop-ups and banners are even more of a nuisance now than before.

I have paid Tapatalk's new subscription fee that was supposed to allow removal of these, but so far it is not working.

If this issue isn't resolved soon, I will unfortunately have to end support for Tapatalk in the near future.

The new mobile style isn't the greatest, but it is workable. I will give Tapatalk a little time to fix this issue, but if they can't, or won't, I wanted to give Tapatalk users some warning before it is disabled.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

The Tapatalk issue is resolved for now.

Forumrunner will be removed at the end of 2017. If you are still using the old Car-Seat.Org app, please transition to Tapatalk or use the mobile style within the next 6 months.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

Another reminder, the original Car-Seat.Org app based on ForumRunner will be phased out at the end of 2017. Please switch to Tapatalk or use the mobile style that should be shown automatically on mobile phone browsers.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

BUMP. Forumrunner, the original Car-Seat.Org app, will no longer function as of December 31st, 2017. I believe as an older app, it will not work at all with iOS11 and possibly the upcoming Android versions as well.

Mobile users should download Tapatalk or use the mobile-friendly style that should be automatic when browsing the forum on a mobile browser.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

Forumrunner, the original Car-Seat.Org app, will no longer function as of December 31st, 2017. I believe as an older app, it will not work at all with iOS11 and possibly the upcoming Android versions as well.

Mobile users should download Tapatalk from Apple or Google or use the mobile-friendly style that should be automatic when browsing the forum on a mobile browser or with this link bookmarked: http://www.car-seat.org/?styleid=66

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC