Question Diono Radian coming to Europe?

ERFmama

So in Cologne I here the Radian was on display.
Anyone know anything more about weather or not it's coming to the UK?
I'm very intrigued! lol :jive:

ADS

_juune

So in Cologne I here the Radian was on display.
Anyone know anything more about weather or not it's coming to the UK?
I'm very intrigued! lol :jive:

This is a link to a blog entry about the new carseats at Kind&Jugend 2014 that a good acquaintance of mine wrote, last paragraph is about the Euro Radian. Use translate.google.com, it does seem to work well enough to get the message across [my native language doesn't work very well with machine translations ...]. According to what the Diono rep said to my acquaintance they are going to try to carry out the certification process very soon. It's a bit surprising that they intend to certify it RF to 25kg without tether straps, because from what I've heard previously it's not really possible to pass some head excursion limits without them -- I can't really recall if it was frontal impact rebound or rear impact. Will see if they succeed.

ERFmama

This is a link to a blog entry about the new carseats at Kind&Jugend 2014 that a good acquaintance of mine wrote, last paragraph is about the Euro Radian. Use translate.google.com, it does seem to work well enough to get the message across [my native language doesn't work very well with machine translations ...]. According to what the Diono rep said to my acquaintance they are going to try to carry out the certification process very soon. It's a bit surprising that they intend to certify it RF to 25kg without tether straps, because from what I've heard previously it's not really possible to pass some head excursion limits without them -- I can't really recall if it was frontal impact rebound or rear impact. Will see if they succeed.

Cool! :jive:
But from the video of the seat it does tether and is allowed Swedish rf tethering, so this whole thing about it not having tethers is really confusing to me.
Surely they don't mean to take away something that was already there?
Granted it doesn't have a foot prop or a rebound bar, but neither does the TWE so I'm looking at this seat as a newer version of TWE in a way. hehe

I'm super excited to find out more. Nothing is like news on a new car seat! :dance: haha

_juune

Cool! :jive:
But from the video of the seat it does tether and is allowed Swedish rf tethering, so this whole thing about it not having tethers is really confusing to me.
Surely they don't mean to take away something that was already there?
Granted it doesn't have a foot prop or a rebound bar, but neither does the TWE so I'm looking at this seat as a newer version of TWE in a way. hehe

My understanding is that they intend to certify it so that the tethers are not mandatory. Which means it has to pass without tethers, too.

I'm super excited to find out more. Nothing is like news on a new car seat! :dance: haha

Haha, me too, these bits of info from Kind&Jugend are kinda like Christmas presents to me :jive:

Not much text [I think they'll have more posts on K&J later on], but some pretty pictures here on this Polish site.

kirsty

And the graco milestone so hopefully not just more rear facing but extened harnessing seats to. Really excited just wondering what the price tags are gonna be.

sunnymw

So can I just buy the euro radian? 55lbs rf, lockoff, no chest clip.... Gosh that solves any issues I would have with the seat I think...

joyride

Last year, Diono had an 55lbs FF seat prototype at the "Kind und Jugend",
didn't hit the market in europe even they told they are short bevore certification.

So I would wait until it really gets certified. The ECE is really tough and they would be the first to get a seat certified this way.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's about time. They've been posting stock photos of their seats without chest clips for eons, have always claimed to pass testing without top tethers, and changed their name from the totally English 'sunshine kids' to the esperanto-style Diono....
I want a lockoff on our seats, too. It would solve so so so many problems!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC