2008 Ford E350 tether question

knlrachel

I just bought a Ford E350 that was built as a shuttle style (captains chairs running down the passenger side, then an aisle, then captain's chairs running down the driver's side - three across the back and two in the second row).

It currently has three tether locations (driver's side row 2, center seat row 2, and passenger side row 3). When I bought it, the salesman (small, buss selling company) told me that getting more tethers wouldn't be a problem at all. The tethers are a very heavy metal bracket that is bolted to the bottom of the seat in the metal frame. He promised to order me more.

He is now telling me that he can't get them but if I can figure it out, he will pay for them. I tried emailing Ford and was told that only older vehicles qualify to get more tethers.

I have soon to be 6 kids and the tether locations don't work for where I need my forward facing kiddos to be. I really was wanting more tethers! Also, every other Tuesday, I have three other car seat, ff kiddos too. I hate that they aren't tethered (even for a short ride).

Anyone know how to get more?

ADS

Keeanh

Is this a factory conversion using Ford parts? Or is this a custom conversion van? If they used Ford tether anchors, you would have to do some sleuthing to find the part #. Anyone can order any parts for any vehicle, so that stuff about only older vehicles is kind of BS. If you can get a part #, you should be able to order the part (assuming it still exists).

If you can't figure out the part #, I would show him the EZ-On heavy-duty anchors and ask him to order and install those since he promised you tether anchors.

Also, honestly, a bus company should have the means to give you a strong structural anchor. I'm assuming they do repairs & conversions to some extent there. If they can weld things like seats & frames, they should have the knowledge, materials, & tools to make anchors for you. But I would start with asking them to get EZ On anchors.

knlrachel

Thank you so much for your reply. I don't know if it is a Ford Conversion and I have no idea what company did it. The Ford person I spoke with said that he could only give me two for the two positions that their manual states. Even though the base of the seat is the same for all seats and they all have the hole for the tether anchor to go into. I checked the EZ on tether, and I'm not sure how it works. Would I just order it and use it without the straps?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC