Question Winter Weather Suits for Baby

Mylilboyblue

I need something for my 1 year old this winter. I have a Snozu coat on the way for the 4 year old, but I was hoping to get the baby something in suit form. I love the Puffballs, but that price tag ain't happening. I saw this on Amazon [ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MGVYV4W/ref=dra_a_rv_ff_fx_it_P2000_1000?tag=dradisplay-20&ascsubtag=4a251a2ef9bbf4ccc35f97aba2c9cbda"]Amazon.com: iXtreme Baby Boys Infant Classic One Piece Solid Snowsuit: Clothing[/ame]

anyone have any experience with it?

ADS

bnsnyde

I bought a Colombia one for the 1 year old. It has a fleece insert and a shell. Very heavy duty.
It's for her to have at the nursery when they go outside.

For out and about in the car, I have a few basic fleece things. The fingers and toes fold over too, so it's very warm.

Mylilboyblue

Thanks! I probably should have put that I am looking for something car-seat friendly. I had a Snozu suit last year which was fine in the infant carrier. Now that we are in the convertible I am looking for something safely thin, but warm. Our winters have been nuts lately.

Dillipop

I had the Columbia interchange suit as well and I found it fine for the car seat. The inner layer is non compressible fleece and the outer layer is waterproof nylon- like a raincoat in suit form. You can use either layer separately or zip them together.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I have used a variety of suits, including the Columbia interchange one and also just their fleece one. I've also used the North Face and REI and Patagonia down ones. Look at backcountry outlet; they have good prices!

ks227

We've used the Columbia fleece buntings; I think the ones we have are Snowtop II. I want to get the one with bear ears for our 15 month old for this winter, for the cute factor. :D Just the fleece is quite warm and we've found them very carseat-friendly.

cookie123

The one you posted said fully insulated and fleece lined. I think it's going to be too puffy. My dd also used a fleece Columbia with the hands and feet fold overs and it was fine.

Mom2Connor

I steer clear of "snowsuits" as that usually means thick and puffy. Not always, but usually.

I bought the Columbia fleece bunting this winter for my 17 mo old and it'll be perfect. No puff, but warm and cozy and has foot/hand fold overs so I do t have to hassle with shoes etc for preschool drop off and pickup (no car line, we have to go in).

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I prefer snowsuits as fleece doesn't cut it here sometimes. High loft fill down suits that fit well add no bulk (less than fleece) and are warmer and cut the wind better.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC