Australian car seats in a full size rental car

U

Unregistered

Hi
I am an australian travelling to the USA. I will be hiring a car and I am planning to take my car seats from Australia with me.
In Australia we only use the teather system for car seat installation we don't have the isofix system (yet!). As such I am wanting to ensure the car I hire has teather anchor points. I am hiring a car through Alamo. It is in the full size category and is called a ford fusion saloon.
Does anyone have this car and could they tell me if there are two teather anchors? Or if you have a similar full size car eg Toyota Camry, Nissan Altima, Chevrolet impala, as with rental car companies they can't guarantee that it is that exact car you get.
A few other points to note: I have contacted Alamo to ask them to confirm which car I will have and if that one has teathers. i received a ridiculous response from them which is hardly even English! Basically they told me to hire their car seats which I really prefer not to do (have done that in the past in hawaii and they were grotty and very poor quality seats and it will cost me a further $140 at least for the hiring).
Also, I thought about buying seats in the USA as your seats are a pretty good price but won't be able to because it would involve hubby finding a shopping centre and leaving me with two kids at the airport (after a long flight I do not want to have to wait any longer LOl!)
Thanks for your help everyone.

ADS

jjordan

I hope that you enjoy your visit in the US. All (passenger) vehicles that are new enough to be rental cars are required to have at least two top tether anchors. :) They might be hiding, though with a sedan they are typically pretty easy to find. Depending on the car, you may need to move the head rests up and route the tether strap under the head rest before hooking it onto the tether anchor.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC