Question Need space friendly convertible seat

A

Alexb

My son is 7 month old and using a graco ready ride seat. In general it's an ok seat, but I sorta hate it. The problem I'm having is with the front seat leg room. In order to have my son rear facing the person in front has no leg room. Even with a towel under it and the front seat all the way up he still tends to sit straighter than what is considered safe. I feel like I've tried everything.
I started looking for depth info on this seat vs others. I was shocked to find the depth on my ready ride is 17 inches where others are more like 26. Is this actually a valid measurement when determining the space it will take up?
My son is too tall for his infant seat, and I would really like to keep him rear facing until he is massive.
Any advice?
I'm looking in the $100-$200 range.
I've also never felt like I could get this seat in tight enough to be safe. Even my 250 lb husband can't keep it from moving more than recommended.

Thank you so much in advance.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi there. A few questions first, if you don't mind.

Do you have a picture of your installation?

Are you checking for movement at the head of the seat, or where the seatbelt or LATCH strap goes through?

Your son is seven months, but how tall and heavy is he? And what infant seat did he outgrow?

Also, what car do you have, and how tall are you and your husband?

Wendy

Keeanh

Do you mean the Graco MyRide? If that's the one you have, it's actually a fairly compact seat front-to-back. Have you tried pulling the cover back from around the cupholder and tightening from inside the seat? Push down on the seat where baby's feet would be to get a more upright installation. That green area on the recline level is a range of allowed install angles. The ball doesn't have to be smack in the middle. Before you buy a new seat, I would try working with your current seat.

henrietta

Do you mean the Graco MyRide? If that's the one you have, it's actually a fairly compact seat front-to-back. Have you tried pulling the cover back from around the cupholder and tightening from inside the seat? Push down on the seat where baby's feet would be to get a more upright installation. That green area on the recline level is a range of allowed install angles. The ball doesn't have to be smack in the middle. Before you buy a new seat, I would try working with your current seat.

This...and Wendy's questions for sure. :)

Is this the seat your son is riding in? It comes in many different patterns.

http://www.gracobaby.com/products/pages/my-ride-65-convertible-car-seat-prentis.aspx

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC