Just for fun -- new Euro RF seat

_juune

Just for fun. There's this new RF-only seat coming to Europe. What's interesting is that it has no plastic shell, instead it's a metal frame holding a foam seat. I like most of the features, like the high weight limit but still installable with isofix because the seat itself is very lightweight and the recline knob reachable from the front. But 2 things put would put me of getting it -- 1) lot's of un-reinforced foam. Being used to plastic shells the frame+foam thing feels weird. 2) 3point harness up to 4 years old!? I don't mind the Euro style 3point on infant seats, but this is kinda weird :) My best guess is that they decided not to add anything to the central part of the frame for where to fasten the lap strap ends of a 5point.

ADS

ERFmama

It has quite severe testing (as it's i-size) so I would be perfectly comfortable with it. :)
I think it looks really cool, can't wait to see it. :D

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
WOW!

It's probably ok with just the foam the way it is, it's not like the foam doesn't have the metal edging...in all the foamy seats I've seen where they break, it's because there's nothing around the impact/pressure points (like the headwings on the Boulevard with no structure, or the snap-if-you-look-at-it-wrong Evenflo Right Fit where the foam sticks out a few inches from the side plastic shell and kids use the wings for handles).
I have not problem with Euro three point seats, they are 1000% better than the crummy US infant seats from years ago... this picture of Defrost's kiddo is the worst, I've never seen anything like this in a Euro seat! http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=1473474&postcount=114

ERFmama

WOW!

It's probably ok with just the foam the way it is, it's not like the foam doesn't have the metal edging...in all the foamy seats I've seen where they break, it's because there's nothing around the impact/pressure points (like the headwings on the Boulevard with no structure, or the snap-if-you-look-at-it-wrong Evenflo Right Fit where the foam sticks out a few inches from the side plastic shell and kids use the wings for handles).
I have not problem with Euro three point seats, they are 1000% better than the crummy US infant seats from years ago... this picture of Defrost's kiddo is the worst, I've never seen anything like this in a Euro seat! http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=1473474&postcount=114

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

1mommy

That looks pretty cool! I have no idea how I feel about 3pt harnesses since I wasn't a mom when they were around but I think I would still love to try out that seat.

cookie123

It looks cool. And it must be very comfortable with no hard edges of plastic to sit on. Sometimes when I press my hand in a seat I wonder how a kid can tolerate sitting in it. I don't like how the baby seems perched on the edge of the seat. Maybe if the infant insert was out I'd like it more. I too am skeptical of the 3 point harness and the posted photo reminds me why.

I like the looks of that seat. It looks comfortable. Does the weight of the seat include the foot prop? It says it is a lightweight seat but it weighs around 23 pounds.

Niniel

Looks very cool, but I'm not a huge fan of the 3-point harness, or the low RF limits of i-size.

newyorkDOC

I wonder if it'll really get most kids to 4. I know my varioguard won't.

I like the built in seat protection of the anti-rebound bar. So nice for winter / rainy season :p

_juune

It's so nice to have others around who find a new carseat exciting :love:

Wonder how it compares to the Minikid.
It's most certainly shorter in the back, also weight limit is lower [not sure exactly what, could be 22kg vs. Minikid's 25kg]. Minikid [and other Axkids] work to about 120-125cm height, this one has a height limit of 105cm. The Minikid is not suitable from birth, though.

It has quite severe testing (as it's i-size) so I would be perfectly comfortable with it. :)
That's what I've been telling myself :eek: Like the upgraded rollover test and all. Still my brain says it's a big chunk of foam held by a metal frame only ...

WOW!

O wow, that picture is something :eek:

Last edited:

_juune

I like the looks of that seat. It looks comfortable. Does the weight of the seat include the foot prop? It says it is a lightweight seat but it weighs around 23 pounds.
I'm afraid that counts as a lightweight for an isofix seat. Many are about 15kg, so the 23 pounds ~ 10kg is an improvement. It should include the foot prop.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC