ER next week

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
OK, so I love me some ER. I've watched since the beginning, mostly.

In next week's episode (showed in the trailer-like thing at the end of last week). I looks like Abby is in a car crash with baby Joe. I can't remember how old Joe is, but I do know that in last week's episode he took his first steps, and Neela and Abby were feeding him pureed bananas.

Well, the clip showed him FFing. And I can tell by the trailer that he's *seriously* injured; it said something like "and a young life hangs in the balance" or something.

I'm putting it out there because kids getting hurt in shows makes me VERY emotional, and the idea of watching kind of makes me nauseous. So maybe someone else can and see if they say any CPS stuff. OK, that is all.

ADS

cryswilkins

I saw that when I watched it last night on my DVR. I told my DH the same thing! I wish that they would have done their reasearch and had him RF, but then he wouldn't have been seriously hurt and the whole episode would be "ruined".

I am not sure if they would do any CPS like stuff. I will let you knwo, but I probably won't watch it until Friday or Saturday.

bethng

OK, so I love me some ER. I've watched since the beginning, mostly.

Oh another ER addict! I have not missed a single episode since day one. I even have some seasons on dvd and will watch those over and over too! I will be watching closely next week for the car seat scene.

Leila

If their timeline matches reality, Joe will be 13 months old on the 21st. Of course, that's a big IF!

I figured that something was up with him the second they focused on him in the back seat of the car. Next week will be a tough episode to watch for sure.:(

Auntie2Avi

I just went back to my tivo and watched the episode again, and he is definitely FF. So sad, especially because he was in a Peg infant seat in the old episodes, and he is now FF at just over a year. It looked like a combo seat, but it was only shown for a second so I could not get the best look at it.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
HIJACKING MY OWN THREAD ALERT!

Ilana, I nearly didn't recognize Avi! Holy heck does he look like a different kid without his curls! I didn't realize he was getting so big (meaning I didn't realize it was curl-cutting time yet).

OK, hijack over :D

Auntie2Avi

Heather- I have seen Avi almost every day of his life, and the day after his haircut i went to pick him up at school and for a split second was like, who is that kid. I totally forgot about the haircut. He is still the same fun kid, even with short hair. I will hopefully get some cute pics of him in his DC today, sometimes he is not in the mood to pose for me after a long day at school.

Lena

He's not injured in the car accident, the accident is later but he's forward facing in two different scenes.

NOAHSMOM

We had bad weather last night and NBC chose to make everyone watch satelite images for three hours while the other networks did not.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, I only saw the last ten minutes, was that the only crash? It was totally an Eddie Bauer seat, he was totally FF, and the mother was totally at fault for DIALING HER CELL PHONE WHILE DRIVING!!!!! THAT's the lesson we should be spreading from this...

beebear23

Senior Community Member
Yes, that was the only crash. He actually fell out of the stroller or something like that. I didn't catch exactly how he fell, but it was with the nanny.

Yeah, I only saw the last ten minutes, was that the only crash? It was totally an Eddie Bauer seat, he was totally FF, and the mother was totally at fault for DIALING HER CELL PHONE WHILE DRIVING!!!!! THAT's the lesson we should be spreading from this...

cso1997

ER addict here too...Joe fell 6' off of a slide at the park. The car accident was just a little blurb that really served no point in the story line. And yes I was miffed that he was FF because in their timeline, he was born at the same time as my DD. She is way too young to FF. I can't imagine turning her even though she is 13 months and 21 lbs. My DH tells everyone she is going to be RF until she is ten...ha ha.

Leila

The nanny said he fell off the jungle gym. I'm assuming she was referring to the monkey bars. What a 14ish month old child was doing on monkey bars is beyond me!!

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Even though he should still be rear facing per "best practice". But, Did you at least notice he was at least harnessed properly. I at least give them kuddos for that.

daycaremom2002

I totally agree with all of you....but have you noticed that on a lot of shows, kids grow at such a quick pace, that this child may be 5 next month? I amazes me how fast they make them grow on some shows. It's like they just don't want to deal with them as toddlers or something.

Auntie2Avi

I am wondering first of all why he moved from a Peg infant seat to an Eddie Bauer FF only seat, and why Abby no longer has her P3 and put him into a Graco stroller. When I was venting about the bad carseat scene to my non carseat obsessed sister she said I should write ER a letter.

Melizerd

Usually little kids "grow" fast on tv because the younger they are the less they can work. So an older kid can work more and have less breaks.

we never even saw a birthday party, or mention of a party but heck 2 weeks ago (?) Abby randomly stopped for drinks after her shift, and goes out a lot like that, I don'tk now that many people who can always just stop for something after work and then go back to work without dealing with sitter issues.

Suspension of disbelief, sometimes ya just gotta go with it (lol).

DH thought it was funny I knew what seat it was.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC