Jon & Kate plus 8

Mom2nj

Did anyone see the commercial last night for their new season coming up, they had atleast 6, yes six Radians in their van. I only saw it for a quick blip, but they definately where radians. I thought that was pretty cool.

ADS

Melizerd

Yes! DH thought I was nuts when I was yelling at the TV, "They have Radians!!"

I'm hoping we see them used properly! I've only seen the show a couple of times but now I want to watch just for the carseats :ROTFLMAO:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I would be pretty shocked if they *weren't* being used correctly. From what I have seen so far, Jon and Kate are pretty good about using their carseats correctly.

JessicaS

I would be pretty shocked if they *weren't* being used correctly. From what I have seen so far, Jon and Kate are pretty good about using their carseats correctly.

There's one episode where they went to the buffet and the kids were in winter coats coming out of the van. But I've only seen 2 or 3 episodes, so maybe there's some better usage in the other ones.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
There's one episode where they went to the buffet and the kids were in winter coats coming out of the van. But I've only seen 2 or 3 episodes, so maybe there's some better usage in the other ones.

Yeah, they certainly haven't been perfect, but they have been pretty good.

They definitely didn't buy into the ERF movement, but they kept the smallest babies RF for a while. Their twins were still in harnessed seats when they were somewhere around six years old. :)

katiesmommy

Yeah, one of the ladies on the babycenter car safety tips board talked to the people at Sunshine Kids and got them donated to Jon and Kate.

Melizerd

:thumbsup:

Awesome! like I said I think I've only seen 2 or 3 episodes, it's nice to see people on TV doing the right thing.

Yeah, one of the ladies on the babycenter car safety tips board talked to the people at Sunshine Kids and got them donated to Jon and Kate.

Wow! that's great, they definitely could use the break on buying all those seats, I can't imagine otherwise.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador

That's awesome! Did they get eight seats, so that Cara and Maddie are also in Radians, or "just" six for the six little ones?

MySillyKids

LOL! i was sooooo going to post this last night, but i didnt know if it was old news or not! LOL!!

Okay what shows were you watching?!?!?!

Property ladder here! LOL

Starlight

Senior Community Member
From what I read on babycenter, SKJP mentioned their new boosters as options for the big girls, so I would highly doubt that they are in Radians too.

Kate did send 2 personal emails to the girl - Angie? - who put it all together. When it was first suggested, Kate emailed asking questions about the seats, asking about their safety, etc. She said that she had never heard of SKJP and wanted to make sure her kids were safe.

And then she emailed saying how great the seats were.

I was really happy to see the commercial, and I'm just irked that I can't find a still picture w/ the seats, LOL. I want to see.

Lara

Yep, that was Angie who organized all that! she's awesome!

I think they are 65's, just judging by the covers. The looked like granite ones.

Oh, and I was watching property ladder.

:)

jdchic3

I don't remember what I was watching but lately I've seen that commercial several times. I think my DH thinks I'm crazy too because I sort of freaked out when I saw it for the first time. Then it came on again in the next round of commercials and I made him stop talking while I watched it. I was all, "They have Radians! They have Radians!" OH! We were watching LA Ink I think.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I think I was watching Flip this/that house.

The one with the people from S.C. - Trademark Properties? The people who expect that they can smile sweet and get away with anything, including not having proper permission or permits? And make their employees wait forever and ever and ever because they forgot about them.

I thought they looked like super cool 80's, but it was such a quick glimpse, I couldn't quite tell.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Same here, I was also watching TLC yesterday and saw the same commercial. :) I would have squealed at the sight of the Radians in the commercials but I'm plagued by a sore throat and icky respiratory bug the kiddos passed on to me, and can barely talk, much less squeal, lol.

I'm a bit curious about the Radian's compatibility in the family's Dodge Sprinter. Wasn't there a poster here recently who couldn't get a successful Radian install in her Sprinter? :confused: The adage about the Radian being generally compatible with Dodge vehicles doesn't necessarily apply to the Sprinter, which is basically a re-badged Mercedes truck for the U.S. market. I hope the Radians are really compatible and will set the DVR to record the new episodes for more glimpses of their new carseats. :)

Last edited:

Mom2nj

I wasn't watching anything, we had just gotten home from a long day at a campground, with no substantial food, so I was eating a a healthy snack before I fell into bed.... I was going to post lastnight but went to bed instead. I thought they looked like Granite, but it was a quick blip, they showed the commercial again today, but no seats this time...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC