Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: 3 row vehicles 2000ish up

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    Make sure the timing belt has been changed. It should have been at that mileage, but it's close enough I would want to confirm.
    Eh, too late now. I would've figured it had a timing chain if I'd thought to ask at all. We'll see if we can see a sticker on the cover indicating it's been changed, otherwise really no way to know. I'm trying to find out if it's at least a non-interference engine

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy
    [quote="littleangelfire;2794604"] Eh, too late now. I would've figured it had a timing chain if I'd thought to ask at all. We'll see if we can see a sticker on the cover indicating it's been changed, otherwise really no way to know. I'm trying to find out if it's at least a non-interference engine]

Yes , it is a non-interference.

Ah thank you, that makes me feel better.

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by littleangelfire View Post
    Eh, too late now. I would've figured it had a timing chain if I'd thought to ask at all. We'll see if we can see a sticker on the cover indicating it's been changed, otherwise really no way to know. I'm trying to find out if it's at least a non-interference engine
    They switched to a chain with the 2007 model. Yours should have a belt. A mechanic should be able to take a look at it and deem if it's likely been changed?

CCO 4/15

The car fax report might also say if it has been changed.
    DS 7.5 years 71 lbs FFing in:
    a Frontier90, PWSGL 2013
    DS2 3.5 years 35 lbs FFing in:
    Foonf, Frontier 85, SureRide

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

Congrats, I think you'll ultimately be much happier with the van over a Rondo. I still pine for my former Sienna on occasion. My motto pre-Sienna ownership was pretty much "Death before I'll drive/own a minivan," but I soon changed my tune and learned to appreciate it. My Prius replaced it two+ years ago, and I still miss it on road trips when I have to puzzle our stuff carefully to fit it all into the trunk, lol. A 2006 Sienna also includes more standard safety features like side curtain airbags that were optional when we got our 2005 8-passsenger model back in 2005.

You could have a Toyota dealership service department look up its service history to see if there's a record of the timing belt ever being changed at a Toyota dealer's service department and also double check to see if has any recalls in need of attention. Our 2005 8-passenger Sienna had three recalls if I'm remembering correctly. One recall was for the second row center seatbelt, another was for possible corrosion of the spare tire storage hardware located underneath the van’s second row floor pan in states utilizing road salt in the winter, and the third one I’m blanking on. I'm not certain if any of those recalls are applicable for a 2006 model or if there are others affecting the 2006 model year, but definitely double check at a Toyota dealership to see if there are any outstanding recalls listed for it.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

The other recall is a power back hatch issue - so if your back hatch is auto then make sure to see if the work has been done (call toyota corporate to register the van in your name with them so you receive any future recalls/notices from Toyota - and they can also tell you of any outstanding recalls on your vin#)

And because you have now joined the club you [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4"]can fully appreciate this gem[/ame]

Enjoy your swagger wagon - I LOVE mine
    Maggie - Rollin' hard in my Swagger Wagon with my 3 lil' men all properly restrained

9. Thank You from:

Thank you for the tips We drove it around yesterday and other than being a little bitter about the gas mileage we like it. It's really nice on the inside. Not sure 15 cupholders were necessary, lol.