3 row vehicles 2000ish up

littleangelfire

Make sure the timing belt has been changed. It should have been at that mileage, but it's close enough I would want to confirm.

Eh, too late now. I would've figured it had a timing chain if I'd thought to ask at all. We'll see if we can see a sticker on the cover indicating it's been changed, otherwise really no way to know. I'm trying to find out if it's at least a non-interference engine
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

ADS

sunnydayz

Eh, too late now. I would've figured it had a timing chain if I'd thought to ask at all. We'll see if we can see a sticker on the cover indicating it's been changed, otherwise really no way to know. I'm trying to find out if it's at least a non-interference engine]

Yes , it is a non-interference.

Dillipop

Eh, too late now. I would've figured it had a timing chain if I'd thought to ask at all. We'll see if we can see a sticker on the cover indicating it's been changed, otherwise really no way to know. I'm trying to find out if it's at least a non-interference engine
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

They switched to a chain with the 2007 model. Yours should have a belt. A mechanic should be able to take a look at it and deem if it's likely been changed?

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Congrats, I think you'll ultimately be much happier with the van over a Rondo. :dance: I still pine for my former Sienna on occasion. My motto pre-Sienna ownership was pretty much "Death before I'll drive/own a minivan," but I soon changed my tune and learned to appreciate it. My Prius replaced it two+ years ago, and I still miss it on road trips when I have to puzzle our stuff carefully to fit it all into the trunk, lol. A 2006 Sienna also includes more standard safety features like side curtain airbags that were optional when we got our 2005 8-passsenger model back in 2005. :dance:

You could have a Toyota dealership service department look up its service history to see if there's a record of the timing belt ever being changed at a Toyota dealer's service department and also double check to see if has any recalls in need of attention. Our 2005 8-passenger Sienna had three recalls if I'm remembering correctly. One recall was for the second row center seatbelt, another was for possible corrosion of the spare tire storage hardware located underneath the van’s second row floor pan in states utilizing road salt in the winter, and the third one I’m blanking on. I'm not certain if any of those recalls are applicable for a 2006 model or if there are others affecting the 2006 model year, but definitely double check at a Toyota dealership to see if there are any outstanding recalls listed for it.

Mags462

The other recall is a power back hatch issue - so if your back hatch is auto then make sure to see if the work has been done :D (call toyota corporate to register the van in your name with them so you receive any future recalls/notices from Toyota - and they can also tell you of any outstanding recalls on your vin#)

And because you have now joined the club you [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4"]can fully appreciate this gem[/ame] ;)

Enjoy your swagger wagon - I LOVE mine :p

littleangelfire

Thank you for the tips :) We drove it around yesterday and other than being a little bitter about the gas mileage we like it. It's really nice on the inside. Not sure 15 cupholders were necessary, lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC