Looking ahead, Graco Affix

Keeyamah

Least expensive HBB with LATCH? Am I right? Quinn prolly be outgrowing his FR85 in about a year, maybe longer. But he has been booster training with me since he was 4.5 and doing well. So I'm considering switching him in Grandma's car after this winter (so he'll be ~5.5). Even at it's price it's something I do need to budget/save up for, so I want to make sure I don't miss anything less expensive.

ADS

Keeyamah

Thank you, now to start putting a little away each month so we can get it. I just don't like how big the FR is for booster mode.

aeormsby

How will he be outgrowing the Frontier? If it's by height then the Affix is most likely not going to be tall enough to last very long.

Depending when you want to buy you could watch sales for something like the Parkway or Recaro Performance booster. I got our Performance booster last year on Black Friday for $90.

Keeyamah

It will be by height, however I lose an inch installing because I have to recline my mom's van's seats. So when I can put them back upright I should get more time out of it. I'm not too worried about him going backless fairly quickly in her van, he's not in it super often. I just want the LATCH because I know he'll pull on the seat to climb in and she won't make him/remember to buckle it when he's not with her.

I've debated just going straight to backless, since he'll have been riding with me for a year or more, I just...... Can't do it, lol.

jujumum

My nearly 9 yo dd is outgrowing the harness of her FN85 and if I sit her in her brother's Affix she is at the max adjustment. Affix might not have the height you need.

Keeyamah

I'll see where he is at in his Evenflo Amp in that car (it's in my car) when we get closer. I may have to go with a Costco Pronto, even though I wanted LATCH for my mom's van. It's unlikely that I'll be able to get a Parkway, etc. but we'll see how much I have saved by next March-ish.

Stacy

If you have a Kohls credit card, they often have 30% off codes that would bring an Affix down to about $49. I have heard that Kohls will also price match their competitors and that you can still use the discount code on a price match, but I have personally not tried this so YMMV.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
If he can be in the center position in grandma's car, and the shoulder belt fit is good, I'd totally consider the NBB version of the Affix. (Can't recall the name right now.)

Keeyamah

If he can be in the center position in grandma's car, and the shoulder belt fit is good, I'd totally consider the NBB version of the Affix. (Can't recall the name right now.)

It's just the Affix, the Connect was discontinued :(. No center position in the second row bench. There is in the third row, but my mom likes to leave that down most of the time. Scary thought, he almost doesn't need a booster back there :/. It's really short, but the lap belt fit is horrible (as is expected). He sat back there for giggles and buckled himself, hence how I know.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC