Do you carseat covers match your vehicle interior?

lovemyfamily

Or do you buy based on likes etc.?
We have grey leather interior in both our vehicles. Typically the carseats are in my vehicle. We have a MA in arctic cat and a Regent in Onyx. I picked both covers because they match the interior. ALTHOUGH if baby #3 is a girl, she will be getting a girly cover on her seat.

ADS

LuvBug

not on purpose...
Ive always bought what was cheapest which is usually the bland ones lol! I got a classic regent which happens to look perfect in my black interior car.

crunchierthanthou

Yes, a gray seat in my tan interior would bug me. I couldn't even do a gray harness or LATCH belts.

Does that make me as bad as the moms in BRU choosing patterns above all else? :p

Leila

Another not on purpose. We're renting Debug's R65 from a foundation here in town. It happens to be grey like our interior. Our booster (Compass B510) is the Camo cover, so while it doesn't really match, it doesn't look bad in the car either. I suspect that a tan cover in the car would bug DH more than me. I'm more concerned with safety than looks.

bethng

my sons does (pay no attention to the dc in the below pic...we have a new one now) but my DD's is the pink dc. That does not match at all of course! I usually buy britax covers based on cuteness. not matching

Melizerd

Not on purpose so far. I only have Denim and I have grey seats so they go together alright.

I want a cowmoo cover or blue fido (although tan would be okay too :p) I'm buying covers based on what I/DS likes.

JessicaS

I didn't do it on purpose, either. But it's kinda nice. I have gray fabric seats with the Graystone MA from Target. I wanted a girlie seat, but didn't want to order online and I didn't like Brooke from Target. I'm really glad I got the Graystone now, since it matches so well!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Not on purpose. I am drawn towards certain cover more than others (Britax's Crocodile, Recaro's Midnight Desert), but I would buy covers based more on if I like them or not.

I am so cruel that I don't care if the kid likes it or not. There are certain things we can compromise on, cover-wise, and others we cannot. I refuse to put covers that are hot pink and flowered in my car. I'm sorry if the kid likes them. I can't have those in my car.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Both :eek:

DD's 'warm weather' cover is the denim (her excema is worse in the summer because heat aggravates her), and it's my personal favorite. HOWEVER, in the colder months (reminds me I need to change her cover today...) we use the granite cover, because it matches my CR-V's interior PERFECTLY. I mean, it's sick how great it matches.

OK, officially a dork.

ETA: if you look at my sig picture, you can see how close it is: you see the MA cover, and then at the bottom you can see the top of the seat back.

sdjeppa

Well, we originally had the Freedom cover for our MA...I love the cool covers they have. Now we have Denim, so it basically goes with everything :). I do have a hard time putting a gray seat in a car with tan interior, etc., which will get interesting here because my new car has tan interior, and DH's has gray...

Morganthe

Honestly, until I came on this site a year ago, it never even occured to me to match my cars' interiors with carseat covers. :shrug-shoulders:
I always looked for that had comfy fabric and a soothing restful pattern for dd. I prefer grey tones because they're easier on the eyes, to ignore spots, or clean up.

DD's first 2 seats were grey plaid & the traditional soft grey Triumph cover. The Maxi-Cosi was a dk beige or med. tan with black on the wings. I didn't care about it, but it worked well anyway. Radian -- at the time, I had a choice of grey or tan. Happily took the grey again. :D

With dd's last seat, the Madison, I like how the pink envigorates my boring bland taupe car interior. :thumbsup: Unless I have the pink beach quilt out, there's nothing that goes with it. :eek:;)

I suppose I focus more on the fabric quality & feel more than the actual 'look'. :eek: Those carseats that come with that wierd polyester feel to the fabrics, I wonder about -- examples are the Graco turbo booster seats. Just ick to touch, imo. My dd can't stand them in the store either.

So it will always be the higher quality fabrics for us, just only for the textures, not for matching the car or accessories. :love:

Namegirl

Senior Community Member
It matches right now, but I really just buy what I like. Right now we have a Zebra cover and a black interior, so it looks match-y. I also have a denim (that goes with everything, I suppose) and an Ashley Floral cover.

griffinmom

Moderator - CPST Instructor
My son is 9 and 1/2 and we've never matched the car seat covers to the interiors of any of our cars. We've always tried getting the best car seat for my son at various ages and weights. I guess his Parkway does match the interior of one of DH's car, but we never bought it for looks.

In a crash, the laws of physics just don't care about color.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

None of our stuff matches our vehicles. I kind of like the obnoxious covers and so do my kids. We have 2 Marathons (Olivia and Kayla) and a spare Ashley Floral cover. 1 Boulevard seat in Shannon with spare Sutton cover, 3 Radians (two in Princess one in Super Cool) and 1 Parkway with Tiffany and Woodstock covers. Nothing matches at all. It does help with the two daycare kids and Karley though. They each know which seat is theirs and get right in them.

BudgieStew

I decided on the seats first but our first few seats we owned were only ever sold with one cover.

Now that we have choices with our Marathon and Radian...well I've gone a wee bit nuts

I'm tending to put the Radian cover matchy matchy with the car.Our van although it had grey seats is blue so our Blue Radian goes well. MIL's van is Beige inside so the Desert Radian goes best and DH's car(which we just got yesterday so now I have a van of my very own yippie) has a grey/beige seats so the Grey Radian will go fine.

DD Marathon has seasonal covers so no they do not match the interior of our car.
The Winter cover will be Oynx, Spring cover will be Barnum, Summer will be Ashley Floral and Fall Erin..not sure how the Zebra fits in but maybe when I am feeling wild. :D

Britax sure knew what they were thinking when they decided to sell fun covers!!!

Last edited:

ZephyrBlue

Nope. I buy what I like, and what the kids like. My vehicle has grey interior and we currently have a Madison Regent, Shannon BV and Sand Como installed, with an Ivy League PW and Wilbur (what kind of name is that for a seat color, anyway? :confused:) CarGo for carpooling 3x week.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC