Positioning of seats in Mazda3

Mjmcilmoyl

Hi,
I currently have three across in my 07 Mazda3 hatchback. I have a Britax Frontier, RF Britax Advocate, then Britax Frontier. All three are independently tight and none are overtop of another. However, both frontiers (on the outside) are sitting tilted slightly inward. I think this is due to the seats in the Mazda being a bit raised near the door. They are installed with seatbelts and tethers. Does anyone know if it is ok for them to be tilted? Or is there something I can do to make them safe? Thanks!

ADS

nataliem257

Hi,
I currently have three across in my 07 Mazda3 hatchback. I have a Britax Frontier, RF Britax Advocate, then Britax Frontier. All three are independently tight and none are overtop of another. However, both frontiers (on the outside) are sitting tilted slightly inward. I think this is due to the seats in the Mazda being a bit raised near the door. They are installed with seatbelts and tethers. Does anyone know if it is ok for them to be tilted? Or is there something I can do to make them safe? Thanks!

I didn't know there was a car on the planet that made a three across with 2 frontiers and and advocate possible, wow! That's impressive. As long as they're independently tight, tipping isn't considered a safety issue. Maybe I need to be looking at Mazda 3s....

Mary_Ann

That's a great 3 across! You said they were all independently tight. Did you install the Advocate first, then removed it after installing the Frontiers?

If all the seats are independently secured with less than 1 inch of movement at the belt path, the tilting is not a concern.

Mjmcilmoyl

Ok good to know! Yes, I installed the advocate in the middle first. Then I installed both frontiers. Then I removed the advocate to make sure the frontiers were tight, and they were. Then I reinstalled the advocate. It also worked 3 across in the mazda3 with both frontiers on the outside and my Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30 with base in the middle. It was actually easier to get them in the Mazda than in my Dodge Journey!

kbsmama1031

This is great, I didn't know it was possible! My DH has the same vehicle and I was thinking we'd never fit 3 in there! I only have one child FF though, I wonder if it could work with 2RF and 1FF... Now I want to try! Would definitely need new seats though, the 3 skinny ones are in my car... With the 2 big wide "leftover" seats in his!

Mary_Ann

This thread is 1 year old and the Click Tight weren't released yet.

Starting your own post might help you get more answer for your 3 across!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC