Question New Britax Click Tight conv the tallest?

aunt83me02

Senior Community Member
The new blog post says top harness height is 19 and overall internal seat height is 29", does this make it the tallest for rf? It's taller than the Graco clones and Nextfit. I will be interested to see the rf leg room. I've been thinking about a Fllo or Foonf but I like the idea if my husband being able to install the seat easily! We have a very long baby that seems to carry his length in his torso so we want a seat that will last by length. I'm just wondering if we will want a higher weight limit too if he starts packing on the pounds.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It is tallest rear facing, and forward facing it's very nearest the tallest (with the recline in the car Britax says 18.65" seated height forward facing). And it's VERY compact.

Wendy

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The only comparable seat for RF height limit at present will be the Safety 1st Elite Air 80. It is hampered by a 43" standing height limit, while Britax has a 49" limit.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The only comparable seat for RF height limit at present will be the Safety 1st Elite Air 80. It is hampered by a 43" standing height limit, while Britax has a 49" limit.

And the Gracos (Headwise/My Size/Fit4Me/Size4Me, Contender, 4Ever).

Wendy

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
FYI - for a seat with a 40 lbs. RF limit and a 1" rule height limit once you get to about 25" internal seated height (which is Radian height) anything extra really doesn't matter for the purposes of RF because there is no kid who is going to be that tall and still be under 40 lbs. Even the tall 6 yr old bean pole who weighs 39.5 lbs. won't need the headrest in the top position when RF in a NextFit, Graco clone, 4Ever, Milestone and now these CT convertibles

The NextFit, the Graco clones, the 4Ever, the Milestone and now these CT convertibles will all be outgrown by weight, not height. For RF it really doesn't matter who is technically the tallest. You'll never use any of these seats with the headrest fully extended in RF mode.

The extra height will make a difference when FF though.

Just my :twocents:

I think they are about an inch shorter? Granted, still way tall enough to keep the vast majority of kids rear-facing to 40 pounds!

Oh, here is the link for anyone reading:

http://carseatblog.com/29451/rear-f...tibles-vs-new-britax-clicktight-convertibles/

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
FYI - for a seat with a 40 lbs. RF limit and a 1" rule height limit once you get to about 25" internal seated height (which is Radian height) anything extra really doesn't matter for the purposes of RF because there is no kid who is going to be that tall and still be under 40 lbs. Even the tall 6 yr old bean pole who weighs 39.5 lbs. won't need the headrest in the top position when RF in a NextFit, Graco clone, 4Ever, Milestone and now these CT convertibles The NextFit, the Graco clones, the 4Ever, the Milestone and now these CT convertibles will all be outgrown by weight, not height. For RF it really doesn't matter who is technically the tallest. You'll never use any of these seats with the headrest fully extended in RF mode. The extra height will make a difference when FF though. Just my :twocents:

Yep, I was thinking about that today. I put my 37-lb 5-year-old in the 4EVER, and she was on the third click from the top. There's no way she'd still be under 40 lbs and get anywhere near the top of that thing.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Yeah, a 45 pound RF limit to go with that height limit would be great. Also another nice selling point to step up from the Marathon CT.

As it is, the Marathon ClickTight may be the value sweet spot for easy seatbelt installs. It has a usable height limit around 25.5" (26.5" less the 1" rule).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC