Seat shuffle for 2.5yo

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Indulge my ramblings? :eek: I think DS2 has pretty much maxed out the Peg RF height for realz (if you really want I can try and get pics.) I'm considering our next steps.

All summer we used our travel seat - a SureRide. I quite liked it (and it's a heck of a lot easier to install RF than the stupid Peg.) He's got room to go in that seat RF yet, though the straps are very far below his shoulders due to the Canadian slot limits. I haven't tried it RF in the Rondo either (he sits behind driver; could be an issue with the hard line recline angle.) I mentioned switching seats to DS2 and he wailed, "I NEED wee-ooo wee-ooo seat!" (Red, think fire engine sirens ;) His Peg is red, the SureRide is not.)

DD has lots of room yet in her SR30; though I'm not opposed to moving her to a convertible. Winter is coming though, and it'd be nice to keep her cosy through another season. I'd consider handing down the Peg to her (though I seem to remember the insert is required under 22lbs and is very awkward at the end of that limit?)

I kinda always assumed I'd get a Radian again; so much so I grabbed an angle adjuster this summer. I'd consider buying one for DS2 tout de suite, but I think I won't gain any RF time compared to the Peg? So there'd be no point?

I'm not in love with the Peg and would certainly consider unloading it rather than hand it down. If I did, what ideas might you share to seat two RFers and a nbb in a Rondo?

Thanks! :)

ADS

MommyShannon

So he's under 40" and has outgrown the Peg? Yikes, he has a long torso?! I'm in love with the new Britax Click Tight seats and they are crazy tall so IF they'd fit and get released in Canada soon, I'd get them. I am sort of sad that DD3 is small enough to not need that extra height to justify getting one.

Mary_Ann

So he's under 40" and has outgrown the Peg? Yikes, he has a long torso?! I'm in love with the new Britax Click Tight seats and they are crazy tall so IF they'd fit and get released in Canada soon, I'd get them. I am sort of sad that DD3 is small enough to not need that extra height to justify getting one.

The new CT will be available in November, per Britax FB page.

The Clek Fllo, the new Britax or a Radian seem like your only options.

geekKT

Indulge my ramblings? :eek: I think DS2 has pretty much maxed out the Peg RF height for realz (if you really want I can try and get pics.) I'm considering our next steps.

All summer we used our travel seat - a SureRide. I quite liked it (and it's a heck of a lot easier to install RF than the stupid Peg.) He's got room to go in that seat RF yet, though the straps are very far below his shoulders due to the Canadian slot limits. I haven't tried it RF in the Rondo either (he sits behind driver; could be an issue with the hard line recline angle.) I mentioned switching seats to DS2 and he wailed, "I NEED wee-ooo wee-ooo seat!" (Red, think fire engine sirens ;) His Peg is red, the SureRide is not.)

DD has lots of room yet in her SR30; though I'm not opposed to moving her to a convertible. Winter is coming though, and it'd be nice to keep her cosy through another season. I'd consider handing down the Peg to her (though I seem to remember the insert is required under 22lbs and is very awkward at the end of that limit?)

I kinda always assumed I'd get a Radian again; so much so I grabbed an angle adjuster this summer. I'd consider buying one for DS2 tout de suite, but I think I won't gain any RF time compared to the Peg? So there'd be no point?

I'm not in love with the Peg and would certainly consider unloading it rather than hand it down. If I did, what ideas might you share to seat two RFers and a nbb in a Rondo?

Thanks! :)

No real help, I actually also ditched my Peg. I did love it, both for install and fit on DD, but I did NOT love cleaning vomit out of the crevices under her hips. I wanted to add, though, that I think they came back on the requirement of the infant insert under 22lbs. For exactly that fit reason. You might search a bit, I think I found a thread on here for QuassEE about it one time.

Following along though. I might need to do a seat shift here and I'm plotting.

biddyk8

We are actually the exact same T has got maybe half an inch growing room left in the peg and we switched it out with the sureride when she got it as its purple she wanted it. But the straps being so far below and the extra twisting all mean I'm not feeling everyday use love.

I don't think I hate it enough to get something else, and those legs have to start growing sometime Right? We are in size 4 tops but 18-24 month pants right now.

unityco

Some pics to illustrate (I'll have to post back with the book's height; I'd guess it's over an inch though.)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
The book doesn't look perpendicular to the headrest in your pic. If say if you adjusted that, there will a bit more red above the book and if the book is more than inch, he may have a half inch growing room. So I'd leave him in the PVC until the new Britax seats come out and then get him one of those and pass the PVC down to the baby. Or just get them both new Britax seats when they come out. ;)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Oh and I've got the latest PVC manuals so I'll see about checking mine today for the Canadian insert rules. The awkward fit of the insert didn't have as much to do with weight but rather kids that were lower weight to height ratio. I found kids more in proportion didn't have the same issues with the insert.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'd try with a DVD case. Because you can put the long spine flat against the back of the headrest and guarantee it being perpendicular. You can use a sharpie or Crayola marker to mark where it meets the top of the headrest and it will wipe off after.

biddyk8

I swapped T back to the peg yesterday and measured her, we have 3/4 of an inch of growing room, so I'm hoping it will last us through the winter- If it is outgrown during winter I think I will buy a new seat to last longer, if she last until spring I "might" just turn her as she will be over 3. :(:eek:

But while she complained about no purple seat she also was happy to see more again and fell asleep instantly, the sureride she complains after about 45mins -which sucks when you live as far away from everything as we do:mad:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Apparently I have the shortest torsoed 2 year old outta all of you...she's the oldest and is on the 4th click...I should put it at 7th to measure how much growth room she has but it's gotta be more than 3/4". Both my 2nd and 3rd kids started with giant torsos and I swear their torsos didn't grow after a year (well obviously they grew at some point).

unityco

Why, hello old friend! :love: I see you give us lots of room yet. :)

Still haven't figured out a permanent solution for DD though. >.< The Peg doesn't play too nice next to the Radian.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC