2014 Jettawagon A foonf, britax advocate and a chicco key fit 30

mcsd33

Hi All,
I have read the only other thread I could find about a jettawagon. I am only 5.5 and my partner is 5.8 we can not comfortably fit with the chicco behind us. Also, we have had to turn my son who is 2.5 around for the same reason. That makes me nuts since he is in a Clek and somewhat defeats the point. I need to know is there either a great new bucket seat that I can install that will give us more leg room behind the driver. I find that if I try to install it in the middle it hits the Clek. We have an Britax Advocate with the large bubble cushions on the outside of seat that make incredibly wide and a bit of a pain to install anything next to it. That seat is in a Passat which has plenty of room for all the seats in any direction so our other thought was to take the KeyFit and install it in the Passat and find a new bucket seat for the JettaWagon. Eventually the kids will all be in Foonfs. However that still doesn't help with the rear facing angle and hitting the seat. I was hoping to even still turn my 2.5 back if I could if there is a way to do it. The only thing I have not done is but the Foonf in the middle rear facing but I am pretty sure I can't with out it hitting both the passenger and the driver seat. I love the hatchback and the way the jettawagon drives but I can't stand how the seats fit. I feel like I am always in this position, i had a subaru legacy before. We may just need to get a damn minivan but until then ANY help is greatly appreciated. Sorry for the lengthy message.
Marissa mt to 2.5 who is 29# but 36 inches and another due in October

ADS

jwilliams

For the infant seat, I think you will definitely want to go with one of the Atons. You're not going to get any smaller, front to back, and it's not very wide either. They are also, IMO, gorgeous.

My husband and I were just looking at a SportWagen last week. I took some car seats with me. (The salesman looked at us like we were insane.) He is 5'10" and I am 5'8", so not much taller than you and your partner.

I was honestly under the impression that a Foonf would fit RF in a SportWagen with room for an average to slightly above average height person in front of it. If you are in the US, Clek has stated that you can install the seat on recline 2 vs. recline 3 when RF, which would improve the space it takes up. If you are in Canada, you may only use recline 3 RF.

I was able to install a Diono Radian RXT with an angle adjuster in every position without the front passenger/driver being uncomfortable. The SportWagen has a lot of rear leg room for a relatively small car. Now, disclaimer: we have learned to have the front seats as upright as is possible. This allows you to slide the front seat back more without interfering with the RF seat. It's also safer for you in a crash. So I would check to see if you could make any adjustments there.

We ultimately decided not to get the SportWagen because it was too small width-wise to easily get three seats in. We decided that when we purchase our next vehicle in a little over a month, we are going with a Passat Wagon instead, even though they are only available used. But we have three in car seats. I think the SportWagen would be great for two kids. I do understand getting frustrated with a small car though, I'm currently hauling three kids in a Honda Insight.

Clek customer service is very helpful. I would try contacting them via whatever method you prefer - they were great when I asked them for pictures via Facebook (even though I don't have a Clek seat at this point), but there is also a Clek rep who posts here who could possibly help you with your vehicle/seat fit issues.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC