Vent Why does shipping have to be so expensive?!

ERFmama

I just wish shipping wasn't so expensive to get things from America to England... there's a few naughty things car seat wise I just want!!
But shipping costs all most the same as a car seat when you add all the costs...
It's really PITA...:mad:

hehehe I just felt like venting. :p
I was looking at extra seats for emergency for my pre-schooler, or to have in "Nanny's" car etc and the cheapest ones just wasn't nice enough. :p

I also secretly want a FF harnessed seat above lb40 hehe.

ADS

newyorkDOC

Get a TWE to harness to 25 kg.

Or look for the expat community and see if anyone is a car seat fanatic (ie. Who you'd trust to buy used from) and see if they've got something for sale. I'm in Italy and my expat play group regularly has American gear being sold within the group. Sometimes even free if the family is repatriating.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Whoa. We have reached the day when Europeans are importing American seats. I think I feel the earth's rotation spinning to a halt.

nataliem257

Whoa. We have reached the day when Europeans are importing American seats. I think I feel the earth's rotation spinning to a halt.

Hahaha I was totally wondering about this the other day, Canadians lusting after American seats, Americans lusting after European seats...I wondered who's seats the Europeans wanted and now I know!

ERFmama, I will buy and ship you whatever you want if you would send me a kidfix :whistle:

ERFmama

Hahaha I was totally wondering about this the other day, Canadians lusting after American seats, Americans lusting after European seats...I wondered who's seats the Europeans wanted and now I know!

ERFmama, I will buy and ship you whatever you want if you would send me a kidfix :whistle:

:spit:

If only! I am currently lusting soooooo bad after a Minikid you have no idea! :jive: Though because I am able to get the Kidzone in purple, I am wondering..... :p

_juune

Hahaha. It's the harnessed booster mode I'm after. :p :dance:

I already have the TWE actually. :D

Well, the XtensaFix has reincarnated into an AdvansaFix. As far as it's possible to tell from images, the lap belt guides for booster mode look different, and the headrest/shoulder belt guides, too. New, old.
OMFG, just checked out the manual, and am I getting it right that it's always supposed to be installed with isofix+seatbelt+TT for harness mode? Yikes.

ERFmama

It's isofit, belt and TT harnessed and isofit and TT for HBB it seams yeh. TT is awesome, we really should have more of that in HBB mode.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC