Question about Expiry Date - Go by DOM sticker or date stamped on base???

NatenMaddiesMommy

Senior Community Member
Okay before I call Evenflo yet again (this will be the third time in 2 weeks) I noticed when I was cleaning the dust off of our Triumphs that are no longer in use that the DOM sticker contradicts what it stamped on the base (I'm planning on selling the seats). The base says do not use this product after December 03, 2007, but the DOM is March 03, 2004. What the heck???

I have another Triumph that is stamped do not use this product after December 03, 2010 with a DOM of November 03, 2004. Now that one makes sense.

I'm assuming that the Evenflo base in question was manufactured in 2001, but the actually seat wasn't assembled until 2003. So which date do I go by? Doesn't the plastic the base is constructed of technically degrade at the same rate as the shell? I mean the shell of the seat is bolted onto the plastic base. Should I not sell this seat and just trash it based on the date stamped on the base? I don't want the parent that purchases the seat questioning that date stamped on base and freaking out.

I'm so confused:confused: I'm never buying an Evenflo product again. I am selling our Evenflo tandem stroller because I HATE it so much...grrrr

ADS

LuvBug

you should go by the "do not use after" one if given... except that one is only 3 years from the DOM right?? so Id call evenflo because it may have been a mistake. Did you buy it NIB?

NatenMaddiesMommy

Senior Community Member
Yes, item was new in the box from Target back in 2004. Funny thing is that we have 3 of the seats and I don't currently have the 3rd one in my possession, but I know that the DOM sticker is late 2004, but the stamped date on the base in 2008. All were new in the box.

I thought I remember reading somewhere that Evenflo seats in NZ had a similar issue.

Guess I'll be calling Evenflo.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
This happens a lot...way too often....sometimes it's way too short, sometimes it's an extra year...like whoever is running the date stamp doesn't know how it works or something...:(

southpawboston

i think the bases and shells are often manufactured in different batches at different times, and sometimes a shell with one DOM is mated with a base of a different DOM. i'd call evenflo and see what they say in your case.

We have the same issue here in NZ with the portabout and the apollo.
We cannot get a straight answer from the US evenflo, or NZ Evenflo importer. So in short, I do not recommend Evenflo seats to anyone, unless they really want one or like one feature over another. We have far better seats anyway.

the Apollo was no longer made past 2002, yet we still have seats made in 2005, 2006, however someone has stamped over the top of the orignal dates....

Fishy...

www.childrestraints.co.nz/important.htm

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
LOL - I checked my niece's seat yesterday and noticed the exact same thing - discrepancy between 2007 on base & 2004 DOM. How irresponsible of them!!!! Yet another example of why Evenflo shoud have just stuck with the baby bottles..........although I guess there's room for error there too! Ugh!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC