I finally saw a one year old in a BPB today

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
A new one year old at that, he still was waddling when he walked. I nearly fell over when they showed me what seat he was in. Holy crap. His godmother was there, but she was definitely receptive to everything I said and took info back to the mom about ERFing. I told her if she doesn't put him back RFing at least put him back in a harness! Poor kid. Just insane.

I checked six seats today at a community helper day and the one that was installed the best was a nearly expired OHS. sigh. I think I went one step too far with that lady. She was eating up what I said until I said her 22 pound 2 year old should be RFing. I hope she doesn't ignore what else I said.

The first family was very happy to have me check their seats. Eight year olds need a booster again, they're fine with that. Their four year old was in a Roundabout made in 2000 and a Century something (STE1000 or something like that? I'll be looking that up later) that expired December 2005. Go them. So they're getting two new seats.

Frustrating. Even more frustrating that working a check because at least at a check the cars who are there generally want to be there. I kept asking people if they wanted their seats checked and a lot said they had it done at the fire station (and I trust them! Yeah, right.). One lady very proudly said she went every couple of months to have them checked and said that she had no idea what to do but the firemen did it and she never touched them. I said I hoped she never needed to install them at 2 a.m. on the side of the road. She said she hoped not and waltzed away. ARGH!

Off to check a Regent in 45 minutes. Someone who I've checked before, but now she's going from LATCH to the seatbelt and wants to be shown how. Someone who wants me there. Someone who knows that a one year old shouldn't be in a BPB. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wendy

ADS

amyg530

A new one year old at that, he still was waddling when he walked. I nearly fell over when they showed me what seat he was in. Holy crap. His godmother was there, but she was definitely receptive to everything I said and took info back to the mom about ERFing. I told her if she doesn't put him back RFing at least put him back in a harness! Poor kid. Just insane.

:eek::eek: yikes thats just scary, i dont see how someone would think they could actually sit up in the seat for that long to where they would be safe

have fun with the regent, i actually saw my first regent IRL (that is, belonging to someone i dont know) yesterday when i was at the park which was pretty cool

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Sigh. I saw an 18 mos old in a booster today and I'm feeling terrible that I didn't say anything about it.

lovemyfamily

Honestly where do people get their information? Do they not read manuals? Some of this stuff is just common sense. It just shows how little people care. They probably buy their kids the most expensive tennis shoes, but don't put the effort in to keeping them safe in their vehicle.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Honestly where do people get their information? Do they not read manuals? Some of this stuff is just common sense. It just shows how little people care. They probably buy their kids the most expensive tennis shoes, but don't put the effort in to keeping them safe in their vehicle.

Manual? I couldn't even find a date on it, nevermind the harness or the manual. I have no idea where they got the seat, but I'd put $100 that it wasn't out of a box at a store. I'm not certain what it is, even after looking through the pictorial guide. Combo seat, fabric belt guides high on the shoulder, tapered top.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC